Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:56 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No I don't and nor do I care to read her anti-male posts.
She's never been anti-male.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 04:07 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No I don't and nor do I care to read her anti-male posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Men just pretend to care about women's problems but really only care about sticking their ________ in our ________? If a woman posted that, about a dozen guys here would complain to the mods. I like men more than you do, I guess.
Its easy to misread.... I admit I did at first glance (I bolded the parts that are easy to miss). Note the "?" at the first sentence.... its not a statement of belief but questioning the implied message of the video.

No... I find the movie clip exaggerates the male drive and generalizes men to the point of being useless. Even if there is an underlying truth, its too shallow to even discuss.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
well, you are usually pretty good about avoiding those kind of gross overgeneralization, but you get credit for the weight of good advice you normally post.
For the third time, that's what the video said, not me. I thought it was a terrible thing to say and indicative of someone who doesn't think very highly of men.

I don't think some of you guys even watched it. The other tips, if I recall correctly, were "pretend the guy is hilarious," "show us your ****," and one other ... "shut up about your problems"? Something like that. The fourth one, which said that all men wants is anal sex and the rest is just pretend, stuck out the most and I commented on it.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It shouldn't surprise the message and content in these things when the audience they are soliciting to is taken in to account.
Unfortunately, you're right. The shallow jerk just needed the love of a good woman to unlock his tender feelings, right? I haven't seen the movie but know the formula very well.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Yep, typical Hollywood garbage that's put out on a regular basis, nothing surprising here. They have a formula, and the masses flock to it. That's why I watch indie and foreign films.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:44 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
For the third time, that's what the video said, not me. I thought it was a terrible thing to say and indicative of someone who doesn't think very highly of men.

I don't think some of you guys even watched it. The other tips, if I recall correctly, were "pretend the guy is hilarious," "show us your ****," and one other ... "shut up about your problems"? Something like that. The fourth one, which said that all men wants is anal sex and the rest is just pretend, stuck out the most and I commented on it.
I understood what you meant from your first post. I think some people are just trying to stir things up. What else is new?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, you're right. The shallow jerk just needed the love of a good woman to unlock his tender feelings, right? I haven't seen the movie but know the formula very well.
Yeah, and sadly some you women in real life who thinks it works that way. Where they can "change" a man. Savior complexes. The guy isn't going to change unless he wants to, and it will be for him, not a woman most of the time. If a guy is a player, likes to dump and dump, ok. But he may get done with the oats and wanna settle down.

Now, he's actually paying attention and trying to find a nice woman he goes well with and would like to settle down. If you see a former player with a woman, seriously, her timing was just better. She didn't change him, she just met him when he was already changed and ready for commitment, compared to the women who got involved with him when he wasn't looking for love, or to love them.

Not to say guys can't change for women. But best not to place money on, and try for, that lol Usually when I hear of girls who did, it didn't work out, and they ended up annoyed, angry or miserable because they got caught up with him, and he doesn't treat them well, or gets them in trouble.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I understood what you meant from your first post. I think some people are just trying to stir things up. What else is new?
Thanks.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:12 AM

18 posts, read 17,531 times
Terrible!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:07 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
Quote:

okay, you got me, my bad. that "quote" was buried fairly deep into the segment and i think at that point i had just lost interest in the dialogue. on second passing i do recall none of the advice given had any value, in fact now seems like they were in the script as buzz worthy rules for pop culture (popular consumption). almost like you could use it to make clips for movie trailer.

but i did another pass and figured out the gems those rules originated from, which are fairly descent rules for women to attract (and keep) men but common sense too; no woman could be this clueless really. i'd re-order them though. anyways, thanks for the correction, and i also don't always read every posts, just those of interest, which is why i read yours. have a good day.

Rule#1: don't try to change a man

Rule#2: find him interesting even if you have to fake it aka fake it till you make it

Rule#3: men are very visual.... show some skin, get his attention in you physically; always present an allure of sexual availability

Rule#4: don't b*tch, nag, or complain, it's a very unattractive quality for men

Rule#5: men do prefer long hair

Last edited by Dr. Clean; 04-14-2015 at 08:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships