Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:02 AM

6 posts, read 5,550 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing this guy for around 7 months, we are both 21.

We were talking about contraception and we both agreed that we needed to be safer when it came to it. So I suggested I will go on the pill.

He then said something to me that I didn't quite know how to take. He said to me ''Well you better take it because I don't want a kid with you, I would never have a kid with you'' he said it in a really spiteful way. I felt as if he thought I was trying to trap him or something and I felt in that moment that I liked him more than he liked me? that's how it came across and whilst that's fair enough he doesn't want kids and I don't either yet, I just found that a bit harsh?

I'm good enough to have sex with, I'm good enough for him to tell me he ''loves me'' but apparently I am not Mother material? I have no idea, but it really upset me, especially the way he said it, as if I wasn't good enough to be a Mother or that there was something wrong with me

Am I normal in feeling upset about this? or have i just lost my mind a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 08:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
That was rude of him. Even if what he wanted to say is that he didn't want to be a father, then there are MANY better and classier ways of saying it. But he's a kid, and kids say stupid crap.

And if he doesn't want to have a kid with you, or anyone else, then he should be taking care of his own business, contraception wise (and else wise) to prevent it. I never, ever ever ever leave that as my partner's responsibility solely.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:07 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,109,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas128 View Post

We were talking about contraception and we both agreed that we needed to be safer when it came to it. So I suggested I will go on the pill.

He then said something to me that I didn't quite know how to take. He said to me ''Well you better take it because I don't want a kid with you, I would never have a kid with you'' he said it in a really spiteful way. I felt as if he thought I was trying to trap him or something and I felt in that moment that I liked him more than he liked me? that's how it came across and whilst that's fair enough he doesn't want kids and I don't either yet, I just found that a bit harsh?

I'm good enough to have sex with, I'm good enough for him to tell me he ''loves me'' but apparently I am not Mother material? I have no idea, but it really upset me, especially the way he said it, as if I wasn't good enough to be a Mother or that there was something wrong with me

use a condom for christ sake!!! You want to be a mom with 21 and a bf who doesn't want to father a child? HAVE HIM USE A CONDOM, PLEASE!

Old 04-22-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
use a condom for christ sake!!! You want to be a mom with 21 and a bf who doesn't want to father a child? HAVE HIM USE A CONDOM, PLEASE!
I don't want to be a Mum at 21, I don't think you read my post correctly.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:10 AM

I read that you guys decided to be SAFER with birth control. THat means you are NOT SAFE currently, or am I wrong?

Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I read that you guys decided to be SAFER with birth control. THat means you are NOT SAFE currently, or am I wrong?
Sometimes safe but sometimes not.

I know it's very stupid, please spare me the lecture.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:16 AM

26,711 posts, read 41,912,279 times
Quote:

I would venture to say he probably does not want a kid ever with anyone at age 21. Could have been less damning but probably that is all that is. Please make sure he wraps up as well.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Sometimes safe but sometimes not.

I know it's very stupid, please spare me the lecture.
And please don't tell me I didn't read correctly. Because I DID.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
And please don't tell me I didn't read correctly. Because I DID.
Calm down.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:37 AM

22,773 posts, read 48,039,512 times
Quote:

There IS something wrong with you in that you are having unprotected sex.
Get yourself some birth control, and never have sex with him unless he wears a condom.

And yes, he thinks you are not good enough to be the mother of his children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships