Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do men lead women on?
Why do men lead women on? 2 28.57%
Why do men lead women on? 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:20 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,686,733 times

Advertisements

Well, you might as well find out sooner than later...some people can be a-holes. He may not be such, really, but obviously, he is not honest. (I see him as sort of passive and not very experienced, possibly changeable, but likely not knowing how to be upfront or maybe stringing you along, wanting to do something else, instead).

It would be good if people would just learn that it is best to be honest. A person will say "I didn't want to hurt their feelings", yet by not being upfront, they will hurt a person more. Why doesn't this change?It's really an excuse to not step up, for how they will feel if they do so, so they just say they "didn't want to hurt" a person.

I will say, let this go and chalk it up to experience. Focus on developing who you are in ways, write in a journal if that appeals to you and learn to be open to cues for when another shows actual, mutual interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 AM

15,076 posts, read 10,143,066 times
Is there something to indicate that this behavior is related to being Japanese?

I would recommend simply talking to him....

Old 04-27-2015, 11:09 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,540,657 times
I am guilty of doing something like this, though not to a tutor and just a classmate. I felt pretty bad afterwards, but I have her on facebook and she seems to be doing well now so she came out of it OK.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:55 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,686,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
I am guilty of doing something like this, though not to a tutor and just a classmate. I felt pretty bad afterwards, but I have her on facebook and she seems to be doing well now so she came out of it OK.
Then, you can answer the OP's question regarding why one would act that way.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:52 AM

750 posts, read 645,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachykeen85 View Post
i met this guy in College, I tutored him. Slowly we bcame close. Sometimes we'd just sit there and look into each other's eyes. He'd stay late and talk with me after lessons. He even got me a gift for my birthday. So I felt comfortable enough to ask him out. He said yes, then nervously cancelled a week later. Then agreed again. So we went out once and had a great time and great chemistry. When I invited him out again he said yes then cancelled a week later saying "let's go another day" I messaged him and asked what day? He never replied. A few weeks later I saw him outside and he tried to put his hood over his head and hide from me. I pretend I didn't see him. Did I do something wrong? I feel very hurt and confused.
A few explanations

1) Was interested but lost interest
2) Was not interested and just pretended to be
3) Was interested but has another girl in the fold

None the less, its apparent he doesn't want to see you again for a date.

Need to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships