Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 03:51 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,771,686 times

Advertisements

I'm starting to feel the saying "you're dating the same person. They have different names and they look different, but it's the same person" applies to my current situation-- not just in dating, but friends as well. But how do you attract a different kind of person unless you're a different person? Which means you would need to change yourself drastically... And how do you even change yourself if all you can be is yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 03:56 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,496,456 times
Good question. Most folks like to stay in their comfort zone with folks they are familiar with.

It happens. Nothing at all wrong with that, but you have to work harder to find folks who are truly open to that.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:47 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
It's really all a matter of perspective. Not hard at all. "Changing" anything about yourself does not mean you are no longer being yourself. In a positive light, it means you are growing in personal awareness. How & what you think can have a tremendous impact on both your inner & outer world; it merely requires a conscious effort.. Give time & attention to your desires, and you will see results.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
It's all about your state of mind.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:04 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,475,281 times
Just start making some small changes in you and experiment a bit.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:53 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I'm starting to feel the saying "you're dating the same person. They have different names and they look different, but it's the same person" applies to my current situation-- not just in dating, but friends as well. But how do you attract a different kind of person unless you're a different person? Which means you would need to change yourself drastically... And how do you even change yourself if all you can be is yourself?
you become a people person. you quit judging people by their looks/income/whatever, and judge them on the content of their character.

next if you see someone you think you might want to date, then go after them. if they turn you down, so what, you move onto the next person you would like to date.

if you have confidence in yourself and who you are as a person, others will notice that confidence and be attracted to it.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:31 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
I've always dated professionals, lawyers, software engineers, etc. But what I really like in my heart is special force Military men. It is not a fetish, it is a desire. A burning desire.

I decided to just go with my heart, wherever it leads me, no regrets. Life is too short to follow a rule or a pattern.

Go after the man you really want, not those who are available. Don't play safe all the time, life is less boring when you take some risks.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:25 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Put yourself in new situations and talk to different people.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:52 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,413,204 times
Quote:
People are always changing. They're always growing in their own direction. They will always have their base (their roots, their family, their friends, hopefully).

That is the process of life. Given that our views become more refined as we age through experience, we attract similar.

Learning to decipher who not to date helps to avoid dating the same person with different names and different faces.

I prefer the method of listening to your feelings, and seeing how the person generally fits into your life while not compromising on what you value most in a relationship. That definitely weeds out 90%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships