Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:37 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times

Advertisements

Another posted asked a question about how easy is it to get laid today and it got me thinking. Plenty of fish though a real dating website seems to be really about hooking up, sex, and more casual arrangements.

Craigslist however in my opinion and my experience is basically straight up about sex. Sure casual encounters section is strictly no strings attached sex but even the regular dating section in my opinion is basically a casual encounters for people who feel to skeezy posting in casual encounters. They are looking for the same thing but feel better posting as if they are actually looking for a date or relationship and when all the sudden it turns into a one night stand or sex right off the bat then it's just a date that went well as opposed to a casual encounter or just straight up nsa sex.

Just curious if anyone has ever had a true date or a meaningful relationship off craigslists regular dating section or whether it's just another casual encounters seciton for people who are either too embaressed to post in casual encoutners or for people who maybe feel dirty posting there but are looking for the same thing so they post in m4w or w4m instead.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 AM

297 posts, read 726,505 times
Seems to me the men are mostly looking for just sex and the women are mostly looking for relationships. (Read Men Seeking Women, then Women Seeking Men. Quite a difference!)

BUT people are different! You should be able to find all types of either sex there.

Another telling thing is to read Men Seeking Men -vs- Women Seeking Women. THAT is quite a difference as well. They don't hold back on those and with the men you can see what they are truly interested in!

Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Craigslist is, 99% of the time, a terrible idea when you are looking for dating.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Craigslist...enter at your own risk in general. Now finding an apt or work or merchandise I can see with being alert and treading carefully.

As far as meeting a date? No way! Just go out and socialize, let friends know you want a partner or use an actual reputable dating site. Have you been watching the news over the last couple of years?

Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Craigslist...enter at your own risk in general. Now finding an apt or work or merchandise I can see with being alert and treading carefully.

As far as meeting a date? No way! Just go out and socialize, let friends know you want a partner or use an actual reputable dating site. Have you been watching the news over the last couple of years?
I agree with you craigslist has it's share of wierdos and flaky people and have met many of them personally lol however it amazes me when people see one or two high profile news stories about bad things happenning about craigslist and it's this dangerous thing and these same people act like meeting someone on the street or in a bar is totally safe. There's wierdos and bad people everywhere, at least craigslist leaves a trail of email addresses, ip addresses, etc meeting someone at a bar if they are crazy who knows.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:48 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post

Just curious if anyone has ever had a true date or a meaningful relationship off craigslists regular dating section or whether it's just another casual encounters seciton for people who are either too embaressed to post in casual encoutners or for people who maybe feel dirty posting there but are looking for the same thing so they post in m4w or w4m instead.

Craigslist as a dating option? Seriously? I know of NO decent women who use CL for finding someone. It is more like the bathroom stall wall of 2015. "For a good time call this number #23-**45".

Craigslist is laughed at more than taken seriously.

Oh, and now days...local police departments are getting in on it...offering their own locations as a safe place for meeting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships