Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 02:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I agree with you. If he wanted to go out again, he PROBABLY would have either already made plans or "talked" to you more than he did. Just forget about it.

And don't let babies play with your phone. Keep the kid away from screens when you're babysitting.
That's the least of her problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 02:11 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,815,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You didn't put out.

I'm kidding..

He probably said the second date comment to sweeten the deal for sex but you didn't put out.

I'm kidding..

Maybe you are a bad kisser.

I'm kidding..

When you tex....your nephew texted him he sounded glad to hear from you till you told him it was an accident and you didn't mean it. Then he remembered why there wasn't a second date...you didn't show signs of interest.
Kissing is not a sign of interest? I don't kiss guys I'm not interested in.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,996 times
You just need to relax and let whatever happens happens. Don't get so caught up in trying to protect your feelings and pretending to not be interest that you don't even enjoy spending time with the dude.

You can't expect a "marriage proposal" or the dude asking you to be his GF when nothing has even happened. Don't get your hopes up so much and don't expect so much out of people. Quit over analyzing every little thing and relax.

You will feel better.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:34 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
What you view as interest may not be what he views as interest.

In other words, I can't see me in a relationship with her but I would be willing to tap that junk. Forgive the lingo. Da posse no wat I sayn here.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

You can't expect a "marriage proposal" or the dude asking you to be his GF when nothing has even happened. Don't get your hopes up so much and don't expect so much out of people. Quit over analyzing every little thing and relax.

You will feel better.
I'm not expecting any of those things, but a call or text would be nice at this point.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,996 times
Quote:
I'm not expecting any of those things, but a call or text would be nice at this point.
Phone works both ways.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:00 PM

833 posts, read 658,592 times
OP don't ever put all your eggs in one basket or you become a basket case.

If he is interested he will call.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:29 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,197,286 times
Quote:
But people are different. Some people can have sex with people they aren't interested in, least for dating or a serious relationship.

There was a poll on another forum, asking the adults if they could have sex with someone they didn't like. Many said no, but a good number said yes, because they like sex, not necessarily the other person.

So it's possible he was just looking for some casual fun, and after not having gotten it, he's not interested.

Or maybe what little things you 2 did do, the kissing, and whatever else, wasn't exactly to his liking. Some women and men say that. When they make out with someone, they can tell in that kiss if they're going to be physically compatible. Maybe he felt you 2 weren't.

And you bring up him complimenting you. Compliments mean nothing. I mean some people are sincerer with them, but it's best not to put too much stock and energy in sweet words. Sometimes it's just being nice, sometimes it's an easy letdown, sometimes they want something from you. etc
Spoiler
Some years ago, I had a guy tell me about 5 times while speaking to me, that I was "beautiful" and asking questions about my hair and skin color. Seriously, he said I was "beautiful" repeatedly, and a friend I was with commented he sounded like he was in a trance. But he didn't ask me out, and I haven't seen him since then. So a compliment came out, a few actually, but nothing instating any further interest, and since he'll blurt out how beautiful a girl is, give compliments, and free samples of products in the store he works, and was the one to come to me, safe to say the guy ain't shy. lol So he may have thought my look was unique. Didn't have to mean he was romantically or sexually, interested.

I learned long ago to not think much on compliments. I may say thank, or smile and nod to be polite of course, but I don't hold on to them..anymore lol. So main thing is, don't hang on a compliment. That's like flirting. Just because someone flirts with you doesn't have to mean they "like" you.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
But people are different. Some people can have sex with people they aren't interested in, least for dating or a serious relationship.

There was a poll on another forum, asking the adults if they could have sex with someone they didn't like. Many said no, but a good number said yes, because they like sex, not necessarily the other person.

So it's possible he was just looking for some casual fun, and after not having gotten it, he's not interested.

Or maybe what little things you 2 did do, the kissing, and whatever else, wasn't exactly to his liking. Some women and men say that. When they make out with someone, they can tell in that kiss if they're going to be physically compatible. Maybe he felt you 2 weren't.

And you bring up him complimenting you. Compliments mean nothing. I mean some people are sincerer with them, but it's best not to put too much stock and energy in sweet words. Sometimes it's just being nice, sometimes it's an easy letdown, sometimes they want something from you. etc
Spoiler
Some years ago, I had a guy tell me about 5 times while speaking to me, that I was "beautiful" and asking questions about my hair and skin color. Seriously, he said I was "beautiful" repeatedly, and a friend I was with commented he sounded like he was in a trance. But he didn't ask me out, and I haven't seen him since then. So a compliment came out, a few actually, but nothing instating any further interest, and since he'll blurt out how beautiful a girl is, give compliments, and free samples of products in the store he works, and was the one to come to me, safe to say the guy ain't shy. lol So he may have thought my look was unique. Didn't have to mean he was romantically or sexually, interested.

I learned long ago to not think much on compliments. I may say thank, or smile and nod to be polite of course, but I don't hold on to them..anymore lol. So main thing is, don't hang on a compliment. That's like flirting. Just because someone flirts with you doesn't have to mean they "like" you.
I don't think the kissing was a problem since he didn't want to stop.
As for the compliments I usually do take them with a grain of salt, I was just coupling it with everything else that happened on the date. I'll see how it plays out the next couple of days, but if I don't hear from him I'll chalk it up to him just being intersted in getting laid I guess.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I am generally of the mind that if a guy is interested in you he WILL follow up and ask you out again. If he doesn't, then he just isn't that interested. However, these games are silly. If you're going to torture yourself wondering if he wants to go out again, you might as well just ask him out and then you'll have your answer.
I agree with 100% with the bolded part. 100%. So, because of that, I do NOT feel you should contact him. No..No...No!

If he is interested enough in you, he will let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships