Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 02:05 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,448,900 times

Advertisements

I think there are many variables that factor into this besides the attractiveness of someone although that is a big part of it obviously. I've moved around a lot and had very different experiences everywhere I've lived. In Seattle, I had a very easy time meeting women and dated quite a few. A lot of these I met going to live music and just hanging out at coffee shops, bookstores, etc. Las Vegas and Miami were a mixed bag, I didn't date as much although I did have two LTR both of which ended on sour notes. They both have very transient populations though. At my present location, It's been pretty easy although I attribute it largely to there being slightly more women my age, and the fact that many women my age are not really interested in marriage again and like that I don't have kids. When I joined OKC last fall, I actually had several dozen message ME which I was not expecting. Luckily, one of those I have been with for about seven months now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 03:39 PM

2,955 posts, read 2,907,774 times
Called a woman once breaking our date because I couldn't get my recliner to go back down.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:20 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,977,443 times
It is true. Having grown up in the NE but lived in various countries, miami, and now DC, I find that the women in southern california, where I am here for work, are more fwd and approachable. However, I gravitate to more of the caribbean latino and Italian/Irish types you find in the NE and Miami but is extremely rare in southern california. Therefore, the experiences and relatability is much different. I have to work much harder in the NE and the south where as in California, there is a sense of openness and "you can approach me".

However, and this is a big HOWEVER, there are certain people that are a packaged deal in which they have the looks, the wit, charm, intelligence, and work ethic that manage to find themselves in the right places at the right time. These are the types that can be anywhere and get along with anyone and do well because it's just in their nature. But they strategically tend to stick to places they know they will do well and avoid bad situations- if they do come in to them, you won't hear about it. They have this option due to the above stated character traits- sort of like a trickle down effect and hence the phrase: "packaged deal".

Old 05-02-2015, 08:48 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,163,770 times
In North Dakota there's a lot of thirsty men and so few women.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get a dog.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:11 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,514,788 times
Well it's tough in OC when you want to meet someone nice and genuine when you have so many fake douches but hey I found a nice lady to go out with and another that wants to but................they are not my equals, but they are nice women to meet and chat with.

BTW I am talking women in my age range 40-50.

I think I would do better in Seattle both personally and professionally, but family reasons have me here for now.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,692,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
In North Dakota there's a lot of thirsty men and so few women.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get a dog.
Evidently, 48.9% of the population of North Dakota is female as of 2013 census estimates. Not "so few," after all.

Source: North Dakota QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 05-03-2015, 12:30 AM

896 posts, read 1,478,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
but hey I found a nice lady to go out with and another that wants to but................they are not my equals, but they are nice women to meet and chat with.
Hey you are in luck. Hallmark now makes a "you aren't my equal but let's boink" card

Old 05-03-2015, 12:42 AM

412 posts, read 547,128 times
The city can certainly affect your dating chances.

I know that in the town I'm currently in, men rarely approach me, but when I go to other cities on vacation or to visit relatives, I always have the opposite experience. Cities have different cultures and demographics from one another that it can hinder or help a certain person when it comes to the opposite sex.

Of course, sometimes our problems can carry over from one city to the next. So it may not actually be the city but rather ourselves that make it difficult to meet someone. It can be tough to acknowledge that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships