Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:29 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,147,048 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. Sometimes CD posters offer awesome feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:17 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,225,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
Wow, maybe it was that bad. If I were on the outside looking in I think I would be horrified. I guess I was too close to it back then.
Bingo! Don't beat yourself up over it too much. The heart wants what the heart wants. The only tragedy would be if you didn't learn from it.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:29 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,123,619 times
I've been there! Now I have someone much better. Don't beat yourself up, but be proud you had the courage to leave and make your life better!

Old 05-04-2015, 11:41 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,279,511 times
I think we all have at least one relationship where we think back to ourselves "wtf was I thinking" lol.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:19 PM

3,339 posts, read 6,003,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I think we all have at least one relationship where we think back to ourselves "wtf was I thinking" lol.
Yeah, I agree. As long as you learn from it, that is what matters, IMO.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 PM

513 posts, read 430,356 times
You deserve applause, op. You took control over your life and dumped that boy you were with. Some women out here will stay in a relationship like that for YEARS (even marrying them). You are definitely one of the strong ones.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:09 AM

6,404 posts, read 6,302,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushandnotbeCrushed View Post
You deserve applause, op. You took control over your life and dumped that boy you were with. Some women out here will stay in a relationship like that for YEARS (even marrying them). You are definitely one of the strong ones.

Don't be so hard on yourself OP! You should be congratulating yourself for recognizing these things and moving on. It's almost like a right of passage to make this mistake. Now on to the worthy men!

AND now you have a Master's degree as a "bonus gift" to yourself.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:16 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,163,411 times
We've all been there. Don't beat yourself up about it. Consider it a part of your education. Sometimes you have to make mistakes to learn. You seem happy in your relationship now. What if, by leaving your ex earlier on, you had somehow missed the opportunity to meet your current love? (Say, for example, you had left your ex early and ended up meeting someone else right away, someone also not right for you). What if that was an experience you had to go through to have the good things in life that you have now? You never know.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushandnotbeCrushed View Post
Thank you. I realized that my life was not going to improve and I did not care to be in a relationship with someone that didn't love me and not willing to go anywhere in life. Leaving him and the city behind took a toll on me emotionally and physically because I invested so much. I look back and see how far I have come in a year and how little prgress he has made. I glad I got out while I am still young and have my entire life ahead of me.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
We've all been there. Don't beat yourself up about it. Consider it a part of your education. Sometimes you have to make mistakes to learn. You seem happy in your relationship now. What if, by leaving your ex earlier on, you had somehow missed the opportunity to meet your current love? (Say, for example, you had left your ex early and ended up meeting someone else right away, someone also not right for you). What if that was an experience you had to go through to have the good things in life that you have now? You never know.
Great way to look at it. I think being in a relationship that was fairly one-sided, I am able to appreciate someone while being very honest in what it is I need from a relationship. I need a relationship to be a two-way street. I need someone motivated. I also know what my breaking limits are. I proved to myself that I can be a very giving and loyal partner that would do anything to make things work, but knew when it was time to walk away. So once I walked away, I decided for myself I deserved better and was only willing to invest in a man that had the qualities that I needed. No more settling as I clearly did before. I suppose I did not love myself enough to know my own worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships