Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,213 times

Advertisements

So, there's this girl who I met about eight months ago, and we've been pretty good friends since then, but I developed a pretty big crush on her, which was really unfortunate considering she was dating someone else. So, after eight months of watching from the sidelines, I decided that i was sick and tired of it, and that I wanted to move on, find someone else who I actually COULD be with. I decided that the first step to doing this was to let my feelings be known, and tell her how I felt. I also made it abundantly clear to her that the point of telling her was to move on, and not to get in the middle of her relationship, and that I hoped we could still be friends. She promised that it wouldn't affect our friendship, which was all I could ask for.

However, three weeks after I did, I noticed that her and her boyfriend were a little more distant. They weren't holding hands, they weren't talking to each other as much, though they were still friendly to each other, but it didn't seem right. The first thought that popped through my head was that maybe they had broken up. Now, at this point, I still hadn't completely moved on, so I had just a little hope, but I also went ahead and forgot about what I saw for a couple of weeks. I didn't want to raise my hopes only to have them get dashed expertly.

Two weeks after I noticed those signs, however, she told me that she had broken up with him. She said that she had contemplated their relationship for a while and decided that they weren't right for each other, but she also said that she wasn't looking for another relationship "just yet," Now, she definitely went out of her way to tell me because she knew how I felt about her, and I don't see any reason why she would tell me that if she saw me as just a friend, and maybe was interested in me too. But I don't know how long I should wait before asking her out.
They were dating for a year and a half, though it never really got very serious (and honestly, I'm pretty sure I was spending more time with her than her boyfriend was in the last few months of their relationship)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Ask her out tomorrow.

However, if she never gave you the time of day before it probably won't be too easy after she breaks up either. If I were you, I'd ask her out once and just be ready to move on.

There's a reason guys stay friends for 8 months and never anything more.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:50 PM

9 posts, read 25,966 times
She told you she's not looking for a relationship just yet so I'd wait a little. Be there for her as a friend and ask how she is coping with the break up. Ask her to hang out and don't make a move. Make her feel comfortable.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,203 times
Ask soon; couldn't hurt.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:43 AM

269 posts, read 371,269 times
Ask her now. It seems like she broke up with her bf because of you.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
You already told her about your feelings, which was not the greatest idea and counterintuitive to the reasons you gave, so you might as well go ahead and ask her out.

What arbitrary time limit would you possibly follow?

Frankly, I don't think you're being honest with yourself. You should start with that and examine your actual motivations.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:09 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Just ask her now and end all this pointless speculation.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,687 times
Don't wait anymore. Ask her out. You can't climb the ladder if you don't take that first step my man. So what if she's not ready yet? Ask again and again till she does!

Old 05-17-2015, 05:10 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Push comes to shove, women absolutely detest shyness in a guy.

Either you have the guts to ask her out or forget it. And do it tomorrow.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Don't be the rebound or doormat for her.Find one that wants you and a relationship with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships