Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You would rather be ignored, than be told up front that she wasn't interested in you? Personally I think what she did was very commendable, because like you said most people just ghost you if they aren't interested.

What is the world coming to?

When someone ignores me and don't respond it's a lot easier to deal with the rejection versus someone calling you when they get home and texting you which shows interest in knowing me better. Plus her leaving a message on my voice mail saying she had a nice time and hope to talk to me soon. I paid for the ice cream and she offered to buy me pizza so it just felt like a good date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 10:11 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Was this online dating? If so, I'd assume that she was talking to a few different guys simultaneously with communicating with you, and decided to go with somebody else. I wouldn't even assume that it's somebody she met in the interim, it's more likely that she's been communicating with others at least as long as with you. Pretty common with OLD.

Yes it was a free online dating site.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,914 times
Be happy she was a woman about it. She could have ignored you or played games but she told you, straight up. It was only one date. Move on to the next!

Old 05-27-2015, 11:00 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I paid for the ice cream and she offered to buy me pizza so it just felt like a good date.

Fascinating criteria to make a date good.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:02 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
You would rather be ignored? Wouldn't you rather know she isn't interested, so you can move on instead of looking at the phone for however many days until it sinks in her silence IS a rejection? I've had enjoyable dates with guys I really liked talking to and spending time with, but ultimately I just didn't feel any romantic connection with them, so I chose not to see them again.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:05 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
I don't think what she did was weird at all. She was just being politely honest. I think you are overthinking this and getting way too worked up and invested about it, OP. Calm down and let it go.

Sometimes when a woman tells you that she'd rather be friends with you...she actually means exactly what she said. The ball's in your court on whether you'll be okay with that or not. If you're OK with being friends with her...then be friends with her. If not, then let it go and move on with your life. Simple, in my opinion.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:22 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times
She handled it in a mature manner. I just don't see what's wrong with that...except that your ego is a bit bruised.

You will meet other women OP. That was not the last date of your life by any means.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:24 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Stunned because usually when someone is not interested in a second date they ignore you and don't reply back.
THIS ^^^ is the wrong way to reject someone. I think the problem is that you just aren't used to someone doing it the right way.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:27 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,857 times
Why are you so worked up over pizza, ice cream and a walk.....damn, you're lucky she wasn't horny and wanted a booty call....you would have been crushed.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:29 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
When someone ignores me and don't respond it's a lot easier to deal with the rejection versus someone calling you when they get home and texting you which shows interest in knowing me better. Plus her leaving a message on my voice mail saying she had a nice time and hope to talk to me soon. I paid for the ice cream and she offered to buy me pizza so it just felt like a good date.
I understand fear of rejection but I have had people ghost me a lot in the past and that is worse than being rejected up front. I would basically just sit there and wonder what I did wrong, when they could've just told me the truth to begin with.

Bottom line: Ghosting people is wrong and cowardly. Always tell the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships