Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:04 AM

123 posts, read 351,699 times

Advertisements

The way we got together was almost surreal......he is a fren of a fren and we had a great chemistry. Barely 2 mths into dating and we were already on our first holiday.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is tt we had an awesome relationship. minimal fights, great sex..It was his first serious rship and he was bent on making it work. I was attracted to him and like how we clicked so well. i can party with him and get drunk wif my frens and yet bring him out to a black tie event e same week.

however, during the month of dec, i was on long leave whereas he was super busy at work. (dec is peak period for him) im always understanding and cool wen it comes to hsi work but dec was a really stressful mth for me wif family moving house soon, a new job and i literally had too much time on my hand. So i picked fights here and there. and he's the sort who doesnt argue back. he just accepts it and **** it. so to speak.

i got angry one nite and jus decided to call it off. via email nonetheless. (it was 5am)

updated my facebook status and removed all his pics.

at tt point in time, i really thot i can do it. but alas, i cant. maybe i cant stand e fact tt he seems so cool wif it. he didnt even call or texted me explaining himself or fighting for us to get back together.

he merely replied to tt email accepting the break up and apologising for being a failure at it. he wished me the best in everything i do and what made me tear was wen he said tt he truly meant it wen he said i was his first love.

i totally regretted the break up and have been trying to patch things up..but what hurt me was wen we met 2 days after tt email, he looked at me str in e eyes and said he didnt noe whether he can still do it. he said he spent one whole day thinking abt it and he thot e break-up will do us good.and tt maybe i was right and tt he sucked at it.

i dont know...i ahev always been a strong girl and suddenly i find myself missing someone so much. it's embarrassing. and he's so cold now..it's as if he's adamant abt it. like i have been in a long rship where we broke up so many times but still there was e whole sex wif e ex or at least the confused partners stage whr both parties are calling and texting each other still.

i really do love him. i mean if he's thinking long term, yes..we cant be together (im muslim, he's catholic) but for now we make such a great team. and i know he sees tt too.

is he being cold jus so i can move on or do u think there's someone else he's seeing?he's a typical chill out dude tho. jus a beer and dart sorta man.

i miss him so much. and it's irritating wen i lapse into a weak position n text him something like "i miss you still btw.just so u noe" and he ignores. all tis fr a guy whom jus last mth on dec24th told me tt we can make it all e way to one year anniversary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princ3ss06 View Post

Barely 2 mths into dating and we were already on our first holiday...we had an awesome relationship. minimal fights, great sex...i can party with him and get drunk wif my frens and yet bring him out to a black tie event e same week.

we cant be together (im muslim, he's catholic)
Religion shouldn't be an issue since you obviously belong to a very liberal branch of Islam.

The guy may have said you were his First Love, but he didn't say you were his Last Love. Evidently he has already moved on to his Next Love.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:54 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
How old are the two of you? Breaking up by email was not a good way to go about it.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Never do something when your angry, it can backfire.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:58 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,598,386 times
Done deal. It's over now. You gave him an excuse to leave and he took it. By the way, if you want to really hold on to a guy, put off the sex for a time. It works.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,480 times
Well, it sounds to me like your feelings are hurt more than anything. And just having sex, and getting drunk together doesn't sound like a very stable type relationship to begin with. Were you drinking when you got mad, and sent him a break-up notice at 5 am? I ask because back when I used to drink, I made some phone calls that I later regretted. And an e-mail is NOT the best way to break up with someone in the first place. Nor is picking fights here and there a good way to impress your boyfriend. Truth be known, he probably is just enjoying the peace and quiet, now that you are no longer his concern. I'm not trying to be mean here, just calling it the way I see it.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Done deal. It's over now. You gave him an excuse to leave and he took it. By the way, if you want to really hold on to a guy, put off the sex for a time. It works.
Ummmm, no.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princ3ss06 View Post
The way we got together was almost surreal......he is a fren of a fren and we had a great chemistry. Barely 2 mths into dating and we were already on our first holiday.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is tt we had an awesome relationship. minimal fights, great sex..It was his first serious rship and he was bent on making it work. I was attracted to him and like how we clicked so well. i can party with him and get drunk wif my frens and yet bring him out to a black tie event e same week.

however, during the month of dec, i was on long leave whereas he was super busy at work. (dec is peak period for him) im always understanding and cool wen it comes to hsi work but dec was a really stressful mth for me wif family moving house soon, a new job and i literally had too much time on my hand. So i picked fights here and there. and he's the sort who doesnt argue back. he just accepts it and **** it. so to speak.

i got angry one nite and jus decided to call it off. via email nonetheless. (it was 5am)

updated my facebook status and removed all his pics.

at tt point in time, i really thot i can do it. but alas, i cant. maybe i cant stand e fact tt he seems so cool wif it. he didnt even call or texted me explaining himself or fighting for us to get back together.

he merely replied to tt email accepting the break up and apologising for being a failure at it. he wished me the best in everything i do and what made me tear was wen he said tt he truly meant it wen he said i was his first love.

i totally regretted the break up and have been trying to patch things up..but what hurt me was wen we met 2 days after tt email, he looked at me str in e eyes and said he didnt noe whether he can still do it. he said he spent one whole day thinking abt it and he thot e break-up will do us good.and tt maybe i was right and tt he sucked at it.

i dont know...i ahev always been a strong girl and suddenly i find myself missing someone so much. it's embarrassing. and he's so cold now..it's as if he's adamant abt it. like i have been in a long rship where we broke up so many times but still there was e whole sex wif e ex or at least the confused partners stage whr both parties are calling and texting each other still.

i really do love him. i mean if he's thinking long term, yes..we cant be together (im muslim, he's catholic) but for now we make such a great team. and i know he sees tt too.

is he being cold jus so i can move on or do u think there's someone else he's seeing?he's a typical chill out dude tho. jus a beer and dart sorta man.

i miss him so much. and it's irritating wen i lapse into a weak position n text him something like "i miss you still btw.just so u noe" and he ignores. all tis fr a guy whom jus last mth on dec24th told me tt we can make it all e way to one year anniversary.
First of all - Yo! What do? Why you gettin' me involved in this fo???

Secondly, can you blame to guy for calling it quits? Not to be rude or anything but *this situation* sounds kinda psychotic. You break up with him via email and you're wondering if he's "cold" for not taking you back??? Helllloooooo!!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Sorry and I mean this in the nicest way possible....but you had it coming. Deal with it and move on.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
My guess. He was sick and tired of reading text messages. Just like me by the time I finished reading your post. How can anyone type like that? And how can anyone read that crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships