Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:40 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
If you had never been in a relationship, it would explain to me why you aren't able to comprehend what is actually domestic violence and what is not.
I'm not the one who is confused about what constitutes domestic violence.

(HINT: getting slapped in the face unprovoked qualifies.)

Old 06-01-2015, 11:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm not the one who is confused about what constitutes domestic violence.

(HINT: getting slapped in the face unprovoked qualifies.)
I see the light now. You have opened my eyes. The husband should have called the police right then and there and had her arrested. Shame on those doctors and nurses for not handcuffing her to the bed. Yes, you are so right.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:53 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
I see the light now. You have opened my eyes. The husband should have called the police right then and there and had her arrested. Shame on those doctors and nurses for not handcuffing here to the bed. Yes, you are so right.
This is the only answer that will make him happy.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:58 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
If you had never been in a relationship, it would explain to me why you aren't able to comprehend what is actually domestic violence and what is not.

I believe there are deeper hidden issues going on here with this poster and the other guy as well, because at no time has anyone said abuse was right, yet they can't grasp that concept!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I believe there are deeper hidden issues going on here with this poster and the other guy as well, because at no time has anyone said abuse was right, yet they can't grasp that concept!
I agree. And I feel like it's insulting to real domestic abuse victims to think that this guy was a victim of domestic violence.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:01 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
I see the light now. You have opened my eyes. The husband should have called the police right then and there and had her arrested. Shame on those doctors and nurses for not handcuffing her to the bed. Yes, you are so right.
Whether he should or shouldn't have pressed charges is up to them to work out between themselves. Whatever decision he arrived at does not change the fact that being slapped in the face without provocation by your spouse constitutes domestic violence, notwithstanding your predictably hyperbolic obfuscation.

What is so hard about just saying "what she did was wrong" without then hanging that acknowledgment on a giant "BUT" followed by a labored (pardon the pun) attempt to excuse away what she did? If what she did was wrong, have the courage to just say so and leave it at that. Otherwise, stop pretending like you think it was wrong.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Whether he should or shouldn't have pressed charges is up to them to work out between themselves. Whatever decision he arrived at does not change the fact that being slapped in the face without provocation by your spouse constitutes domestic violence, notwithstanding your predictably hyperbolic obfuscation.

What is so hard about just saying "what she did was wrong" without then hanging that acknowledgment on a giant "BUT" followed by a labored (pardon the pun) attempt to explain away what she did?
Seriously? Oh my god. I just can't even….

Old 06-02-2015, 12:08 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Whether he should or shouldn't have pressed charges is up to them to work out between themselves. Whatever decision he arrived at does not change the fact that being slapped in the face without provocation by your spouse constitutes domestic violence, notwithstanding your predictably hyperbolic obfuscation
What about if there is provocation? Is it ok then?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:10 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
I agree. And I feel like it's insulting to real domestic abuse victims to think that this guy was a victim of domestic violence.
We need to separate the facts...

1. This happen while partner was in a great deal of pain.

2. The man who made this post about what took place was shock, a great indicator this was a first and unlike her ...

3. She really might not recall...Even after 30 years I cannot recall what the doc did to me, I was out of it due to pain & fear, these are not excuses but the fact!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I'm sorry you've been hurt but you need to separate the facts...

1. This happen while partner was in a great deal of pain.

2. The man who made this post about what took place was shock, a great indicator this was a first and unlike her ...

3. She really might not recall...Even after 30 years I cannot recall what the doc did to me, I was out of it due to pain & fear, these are not excuses but the fact!
I think you quoted the wrong person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.