Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:10 PM

17 posts, read 13,442 times

Advertisements

I work at a gym, he's a member who everyone thinks likes me. Over the time I've known him He's bought me chocolate 3 times, always talks to me, flirts, stares, acts nervous, fidgets, shows off and asks the other staff specifically for me. At times he would brush up against me, get close to me & one time he guided me by the waist but then acted all nervous and quiet even though we were both smiling. He ALWAYS initiates any interaction with me. I've initiated some but it's 99% him. Ome time I was in my office on the phone & I didn't see him but the front desk staff and another remember saw him trying to get my attention outside my office by kicking, jumping waving his arms and according to them he did it for awhile before he gave up. One of the receptionists who him and I are friendly told him that me and her wanted to take him out for drinks for his bday. He loved the idea, got excited, changed it into going to a nice fancy expensive restaurant for dinner where he knows a guy who can get us in. He was super excited & wanted to wear a suit cause he said he looked good in one. We had set it all up but then his uncle died and he had to fly out to california for 2 weeks. When he returned he kept asking me jokingly if I missed him, if the gym was boring without him ect, he even said he couldnt wait to come back bc certain girls at the gym were missing him ( he meant it in a funny way, not condescending) As he was leaving that day he kept joking and asked how the gym was without him here, if it sucked, how the vibe was different, no one to bug me lol I laughed & joked with him but he was acting super nervous like he wanted to tell me something & he just kept babbling. I found out from the trainer who trains him that he wont be in the gym for a week cause he hurt himself.

He friended me on facebook 2 months ago, I was wondering if it would sound too creepy/too forward/look too weird if I sent him a message saying "No superman = no fun" Superman is an on going inside joke between me and him. He loves it when I call him that. But I know girls aren't supposed to make the first move so I don't want to mess this up but I also want to show him I'm interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,934 times
Sure, although be prepared if rejected. Just in case.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:34 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Over-eager puppy syndrome. And btw, you don't need an inside connection to go to a fancy restaurant. Just call and make reservations. If you're sure you're interested, invite him to drinks with that receptionist, so he won't be too self-conscious. It'll be more like a group thing.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:45 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
If you want to message him while he's away due to the injury, why not drop him a quick message and tell him you heard he'd injured himself so you wanted to drop him a note to tell him you hope he's on the mend.

Honestly. Why attempt an inside joke as an opening volley over messenger? He may not know what you're up to.

So, just say:

Hi! I saw (name of trainer) today and he said you'd be out for the week because you had an injury. We miss you around the gym already! How are you doing?

See? It's that simple.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:07 AM

168 posts, read 212,490 times
So you basically just described a dude that is really into you, but too shy to actually ask you out?

At least from what I've read...

He initiates 99% of the time? No wonder this guy is a wreck. How do you expect him to know whats up unless you show him a little more?

I think it's an awesome idea with that message.

He likes it when you call him that.
You're actually showing him initiation.
It's flirty without being to obvious. (He'll try to dissect it..."Is she just being her friendly self? or is this a hint?)
He'll write back. The trading of messages will start. He'll be braver over the internet.

The rest of these posts sound like they're from women. (No offense)
I'm a 27 year old single man who would be so hyped if I got that message from a girl I liked...who I had to do all the initiating.
Maybe even add in a little sad or winky face. lol, I'm serious.

He wouldn't beg for your attention if he wasn't interested. 99% sure.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:20 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,156,000 times
This is the guy who's supposedly "done with women," right? Did you heed any of the advice from that thread? Three separate threads over 4 days on the same topic is a bit much.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:32 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
This is the guy who's supposedly "done with women," right? Did you heed any of the advice from that thread? Three separate threads over 4 days on the same topic is a bit much.
Ahhhhh.....the insecurity of youth.

Here's some advice OP, again, either let him know you are interested or move on. Take a chance. The worst that can happen is that he is not interested. That may sting a bit, but at least you will know and be able to move on.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:36 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Yes, for the love of Pete.

This poor guy nearly killed himself flirting with you. It would not be that weird to send him a little FB message to let him know you noticed.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I agree.

One thread to chronicle the ongoing saga of this relationship is probably enough.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I agree.

One thread to chronicle the ongoing saga of this relationship is probably enough.
Given that it's not even a "relationship," it's more than enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships