Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

Ok so I have been in a relationship with this girl for about a year now, we broke up about 3 months ago (mainly due to me being very depressed and unmotivated for a while during the relationship) and kinda started getting back together about a month ago. Not sure if thats relivent but thought I would share anyways.

So she has a couple close guy friends she has known for a long time and never dated. She also has a couple ex boyfriends who she keeps in touch with, goes for lunch with and one has a repair shop that she brings her vehicle in to.

Now I do trust her, I really do and she is open with me about when she gets together with her guy friends and talks about it just the same as if it was a girl friend that she got together with. This doesn't keep me from getting jealous though. I am starting to realize I am a very jealous person as this is the first relationship I have been in that my gf has so many guy friends like this. She even went on a weekend trip with the 2 close guy friends and they all shared a hotel room.

The reason for the post is she just today got together with one of her close guy friends, made him supper at her house and they hung out all night, just the two of them.

I cant help but feel this is odd. I mean I really don't believe anything happened but it bugs me. This is what people do on a date night.

I have talked with her in the past about how it makes me feel uncomfortable how close she is to her guy friends and she says they are just friends and she wont stop hanging out with her friends just because it make me uncomfortable.

I dont know how to approach this or even if I should. Should I mention that this bothers me or am I just being insecure and should I just deal with it myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 10:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,955,326 times
For the most part her behavior seems kind of normal.

However, staying the night, cooking dinner. No chance.

Just looking at how she reacts to anything you might say, shows she's unwilling to budge. I made it a personal rule to not deal with women like that.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,766,212 times
On the flip side has she given you a reason not to trust her? You have to go with your gut. In. Y younger years, all my friends were guys. My now husband trusted me 100%.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:38 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,943,484 times
Time to trade in the Gibson for a Gerber and start shredding. You know the tune...

Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,407,043 times
Your girlfriend is up to something, Axe.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:48 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,181,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
Ok so I have been in a relationship with this girl for about a year now, we broke up about 3 months ago (mainly due to me being very depressed and unmotivated for a while during the relationship) and kinda started getting back together about a month ago. Not sure if thats relivent but thought I would share anyways.

So she has a couple close guy friends she has known for a long time and never dated. She also has a couple ex boyfriends who she keeps in touch with, goes for lunch with and one has a repair shop that she brings her vehicle in to.

Now I do trust her, I really do and she is open with me about when she gets together with her guy friends and talks about it just the same as if it was a girl friend that she got together with. This doesn't keep me from getting jealous though. I am starting to realize I am a very jealous person as this is the first relationship I have been in that my gf has so many guy friends like this. She even went on a weekend trip with the 2 close guy friends and they all shared a hotel room.

The reason for the post is she just today got together with one of her close guy friends, made him supper at her house and they hung out all night, just the two of them.

I cant help but feel this is odd. I mean I really don't believe anything happened but it bugs me. This is what people do on a date night.

I have talked with her in the past about how it makes me feel uncomfortable how close she is to her guy friends and she says they are just friends and she wont stop hanging out with her friends just because it make me uncomfortable.

I dont know how to approach this or even if I should. Should I mention that this bothers me or am I just being insecure and should I just deal with it myself?
http://bryjo.com/wp-content/uploads/...jo-300x300.png

You can date her, but you need to realize that you will never be able to provide the attention that women like this require. They're one of the side effects of today's society.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:55 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,462,598 times
You will never be able to get through to her if she doesn't want to hear it.

It doesn't sound like she wants or cares how you feel. She has already told you where she stands on this.

Decide if this is how you want to feel and if she is worth it or start to move on to someone who is willing to listen to their partner.

I hate to say it, but that's what it ultimately comes down too.
Follow your gut

Old 06-16-2015, 02:08 AM

176 posts, read 189,817 times
Only a man who has close girl friends and ex-es too, could be comfortable with that and most probably either him or her would be aware that at least one of those opposite sex friends has a romantic interest in either him or her. If she doesn't see your point and you have no close girl friends to give her a taste of her own medcine, maybe she'll make a change when those guys will have girlfriends who'll feel just how you do or worse. Unless those men are gay, there can't be such a close relationship that is or will stay purely platonic for long. Why can't she keep them as friends but plan things that include you too? It's the right thing to do when you are in a relationship and respect your partner's feelings,

Old 06-16-2015, 02:19 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
She's told you what she's gonna do.

Your choices are to live with it or move on.

Telling her just makes you sound insecure.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:47 AM

176 posts, read 189,817 times
I think that you should be honest about how you feel with your girlfriend. A mature couple should be capable of establishing healthy boundaries together without confusing them with insecurity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships