Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 06:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

I mentioned incense guy in a previous thread but can't find it. Anyway last Christmas before last (2013)church was selling incense and this guy offered to buy me incense but I declined. He started kind of trying to talk to me but I avoided him. He backed off and would say hi but that's it. Last week I saw him in the store and he was talking to me and then asked me out. I told him I have a boyfriend and he told me if he loved me we'd be engaged. I told him without going into detail that now isn't the time for that, and he said he'd make a great husband! Maybe but guy is around 58 or so (I googled him), not sure if he drives a car (I normally see him riding a bike, once saw him driving a lawnmower, another time I saw him driving what appeared to be a mechanical horse), he's ugly and apparently is a janitor (and has been for years). Even if I didn't have a boyfriend why would I date him?

What would you do? I'm going to avoid him at church now.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:21 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Why is this a question? You aren't interested but he doesn't seem to be going anything illegal and backs off when you say you aren't interested.

Oh...and some janitors make very good money depending on the job so quit being such a snob.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:37 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I mentioned incense guy in a previous thread but can't find it. Anyway last Christmas before last (2013)church was selling incense and this guy offered to buy me incense but I declined. He started kind of trying to talk to me but I avoided him. He backed off and would say hi but that's it. Last week I saw him in the store and he was talking to me and then asked me out. I told him I have a boyfriend and he told me if he loved me we'd be engaged. I told him without going into detail that now isn't the time for that, and he said he'd make a great husband! Maybe but guy is around 58 or so (I googled him), not sure if he drives a car (I normally see him riding a bike, once saw him driving a lawnmower, another time I saw him driving what appeared to be a mechanical horse), he's ugly and apparently is a janitor (and has been for years). Even if I didn't have a boyfriend why would I date him?

Just avoid him. He's probably harmless.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:56 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:

lol.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
I would tell him unequivocally that I am uninterested in having a relationship with him, but I must admit that I'm fascinated by why you felt it necessary to share this story.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Oh, now you're being mean, IDDY

Old 06-20-2015, 07:30 PM

I'm avoiding him but I feel bad doing so. He's probably harmless but it freaked me out. If he approaches me again I'm going to wear a ring. My boyfriend would get me a ring but feel foolish until we get married (though true story, we almost eloped to the county courthouse).

Old 06-20-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol.
That's the funny thing, why doesn't he have a car? He drives all kinds of vehicles. I guess that doesn't matter and it doesn't apply to me.

I suppose I'm overreacting.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:33 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:

This is unnecessarily nasty.

Last week, I got hit on by a fat girl. I politely declined and thought nothing more of it. Maybe I should have made a thread on C-D about how repulsive she is instead?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:35 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
You seem to freak out easily.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships