Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 02:30 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times

Advertisements

Obviously its not your looks...not sure if youre like this in real life but youve always come off as harsh and tactless from the posts Ive read here...but I can be the same way, so it is what it is...just gotta know when to dial it back in the right company...but from what I can tell, it is very clearly your personality that men dont perceive as receptive....call yourself being opinionated, shooting from the hip, strong straightshooter or whatever, but if nobody likes it and you arent interested in conveying a different persona then you just have to maybe live with the reality that you will be a lonely straightshooter standing in line at the sperm bank if you want to start a family or whatever else...

there are certainly men out there who will put up with that, but they are few and dating for relationships is mostly a numbers game. Have you ever wondered why only lowlives approach you?....its because lowlives can probably tell that you will be a challenge...and for them this is fine, because drama is all they know...no job..living with their mother...running in and out of jail from week to week...being in shootouts and drug deals gone bad in both this month and the next...so they have time and energy to jawbone back and forth with you about trivial stuff; making your sista soulja nonsense the least of their worries....but no working man in the age bracket (30-40) you'll be dating will have time for that. And I would hazard to guess that for most men life is entirely too short to be wrangling with some combative, overly opinionated chick everyday after he gets off work. Sane people in general are attracted to overt positivity and pleasant dispositions..people want to be around people who they assume will make their lives not just better, but easier in some way, not harder...and if you arent sending that signal, then they are going to steer clear. And no adult man is gonna stick around or care enough to waste time sticking around to hear your ramblings about how "theyre too soft, and they cant handle the truth" ..or how "they cant handle a strong opinionated woman"..etc....and you'd probably be right... but instead of caring enough to convince you otherwise, theyll realize their time is precious and go find someone who isnt a headache and who shows signs of being both receptive to them and civil...and that will be where they choose to start a relationship...not at the doorstep of some seemingly defensive chick putting them through an emotional crucible under the guise of "intellectual sparring."

Last edited by soletaire; 06-28-2015 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 02:34 PM

106 posts, read 87,810 times
Ask a guy out. Some guys never ask women out.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Every single woman should be using OLD. It's too easy for most.
Oh, please don't go there, PF. Please. We've told you guys ad infinitum that is NOT so. Can you at least try to believe us? If it's so "easy" for women, why do so many, including the OP - an attractive, intelligent, accomplished woman - find it so difficult? Is it ALL the fault of women?

Old 06-28-2015, 03:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, please don't go there, PF. Please. We've told you guys ad infinitum that is NOT so. Can you at least try to believe us? If it's so "easy" for women, why do so many, including the OP - an attractive, intelligent, accomplished woman - find it so difficult? Is it ALL the fault of women?
With the **** I experience on a daily basis, you do not want me to go there.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Obviously its not your looks...not sure if youre like this in real life but youve always come off as harsh and tactless from the posts Ive read here...
Gotta say I agree with this, which COULD be part of the problem in her real life dating experiences. But, then again, maybe not. In fairness to her, she's not the only regular female poster who comes across this way; I can immediately think of at least a couple who are also tactless AND who can be downright vulgar, but they don't seem to have difficulty finding men (I won't even get started on how vulgar quite a few CD men can be).

Besides, if men are so put off by strong, opinionated women, then why are so many men married to what I consider controlling, bitchy, nasty women? It's not as if all men out there are in LTRS with sweet-tempered, easy-going, diplomatic ladies, because nothing could be further from the truth, and I think we all know that.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Obviously its not your looks...not sure if youre like this in real life but youve always come off as harsh and tactless from the posts Ive read here...but I can be the same way, so it is what it is...just gotta know when to dial it back in the right company...but from what I can tell, it is very clearly your personality that men dont perceive as receptive....call yourself being opinionated, shooting from the hip, strong straightshooter or whatever, but if nobody likes it and you arent interested in conveying a different persona then you just have to maybe live with the reality that you will be a lonely straightshooter standing in line at the sperm bank if you want to start a family or whatever else...
These might be good points if the OP ever got to Square One with a guy--a simple "hello" and conversation. But it sounds from her posts that she rarely, if ever, gets approached for a conversation, so the guys would have no idea what her personality is like. They would have no way of knowing whether she's abrasive or sweet, intellectual or air-headed, or whatever. My understanding is that the OP hasn't been able to get to "hello", yet (not counting the catcalls). Also, I wouldn't assume that how she is online is how she is IRL. Someone shy like her probably isn't going to be harsh toward people wanting to talk to her, if she's that way with anyone.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:06 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Gotta say I agree with this, which COULD be part of the problem in her real life dating experiences. But, then again, maybe not. In fairness to her, she's not the only regular female poster who comes across this way; I can immediately think of at least a couple who are also tactless AND who can be downright vulgar, but they don't seem to have difficulty finding men (I won't even get started on how vulgar quite a few CD men can be).

Besides, if men are so put off by strong, opinionated women, then why are so many men married to what I consider controlling, bitchy, nasty women? It's not as if all men out there are in LTRS with sweet-tempered, easy-going, diplomatic ladies, because nothing could be further from the truth, and I think we all know that.
Some do a pretty good job of controlling themselves during the dating period, especially if it is a short one. In these cases, Mr. Hyde emerges later.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:19 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I dont have a preference, just someone I connect with well. Im fine with interracial dating.
It might be just your area then because you seems like good woman.
Do you want kids?

Old 06-28-2015, 05:34 PM

297 posts, read 294,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
It might be just your area then because you seems like good woman.
Do you want kids?
It's the U.S. overall and the negative stereotypes that are constantly broadcasted all over the media about black women.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:36 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
It's the U.S. overall and the negative stereotypes that are constantly broadcasted throughout the media about black women.
When I used old ,mostly white guys contract me .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships