Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 05:31 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom69798 View Post
How come the reason? My folks aren't interfering in my social life. As I said they would like it if I moved back temporarily. I am not a freeloader. I help my folks out even with living in my own home. It is only temporarily until I would find a new place. I have a car I can go places. All I need is a place to sleep. I am at work during the day.
Quote:
I have an honest question to ask and I need honest answers and advise.
You posted asking for honest answers and I gave you mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 06:23 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Any woman who doesn't understand your situation and ignores that you are being responsible financially, have assets, and is capable of staying employed is not worth your time. Married couples encounter much more serious and difficult situations all the time. A woman who has patience and understanding would only add to the marriage. You don't want a woman who can't see the entire picture and would pass up an opportunity simply because of some sort of hardship. If she can't handle an employed adult in between house ownership, how will she handle herself in a marriage or relationship if you actually loose your job, health, or home?

Just like the other on going threads, I see no reason why you can't continue to date just because you are currently living with parents. You said your parents are not interfering... perhaps you can work something out with them to help provide some additional privacy and to help with comfort levels.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:31 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
When I met my (now) husband, he had moved back to the town a few months prior and was living with his mom temporarily. He was mid-30s at the time. I married him.

If you meet someone and it's the right person and you date for a while, she'll get to know you and what you're like. If you are reliable, gainfully employed, mature, and self-sufficient, she will see that in the time you are dating. Imo, it's pretty easy to spot people who haven't grown up yet.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:36 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,830 times
This seems like a non-issue to me. I know plenty of married couples who have done the same thing. Sell their current house and move back in with one of their parents (or siblings) while looking for a new house.

I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:40 PM

8 posts, read 4,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Any woman who doesn't understand your situation and ignores that you are being responsible financially, have assets, and is capable of staying employed is not worth your time. Married couples encounter much more serious and difficult situations all the time. A woman who has patience and understanding would only add to the marriage. You don't want a woman who can't see the entire picture and would pass up an opportunity simply because of some sort of hardship. If she can't handle an employed adult in between house ownership, how will she handle herself in a marriage or relationship if you actually loose your job, health, or home?

Just like the other on going threads, I see no reason why you can't continue to date just because you are currently living with parents. You said your parents are not interfering... perhaps you can work something out with them to help provide some additional privacy and to help with comfort levels.
Thank you us usayit . You are a great person. I know that there are women out there that are understanding. And I said in my earlier posts I am responsible. I have a good career. And even while living in my ow home right now until it sells I still visit my folks and help them out when they need it. And it feels good to be home sometime. Parents like it when they get to be with their kids

Old 06-27-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
When I met my (now) husband, he had moved back to the town a few months prior and was living with his mom temporarily. He was mid-30s at the time. I married him.

If you meet someone and it's the right person and you date for a while, she'll get to know you and what you're like. If you are reliable, gainfully employed, mature, and self-sufficient, she will see that in the time you are dating. Imo, it's pretty easy to spot people who haven't grown up yet.
Thank you. You and usayit are making me feel better about myself

Old 06-27-2015, 06:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Tom if you can multitask with dating, folks, selling, and buying a home...dude you have no worries.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I have an honest question to ask and I need honest answers and advise. I have my house on the market and I have potential buyers who are seriously looking into buying my home. However I want to wait until I sell my current home and close on it with the potential buyers before I start looking for a new place. I have looked at a couple of new houses bug again want to close on my current one. The I would start looking for a new place. The dilemma that I have is when I will finally sell my home and look for a new place I am thinking of and my folks would like it if I moved back temporarily with them until I find a new house that I would like. I am well aware that it can take a little time for finding a new home. However I am 40 years old and single and in the dating mode. Let's say I meet a nice woman or in the process of meeting a woman and I tell her that I am in between looking for a new house and I am living back at home with my parents temporarily. Is that going to raise a red flag for the woman or will no woman like that? I mean I have a good job and my parents would still treat me as an adult and not interfere in my social or dating life. Please help with your comments. I have dated in the past but just haven't found the right woman yet. I still want to get married and have a family. Plus I am 40 years old.

If you living with your parents in between closing on the sale of your home and the purchase of a new home is an issue to a woman perhaps she is not the woman for you.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Tom if you can multitask with dating, folks, selling, and buying a home...dude you have no worries.
Thanks

Old 06-28-2015, 05:37 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
If you are seriously looking for a home, I dont see the issue. Anyone you date seriously will probably help you look for a house, as its fun to do. Rather than be so worried about dating, why not be worried about finding a new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships