Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:27 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times

Advertisements

Well, call me weird but if I got a lukewarm response like "yeah sure" I doubt I would even bother with a second date. I've gone on quite a few dates and it's not that difficult to tell whether a woman is interested in you. Also the fact that you texted her that you had a great time and there was no response from her says a lot. In my experience if a woman was truly interested she'd respond with something like "I really did too!" I'd just move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Well, call me weird but if I got a lukewarm response like "yeah sure" I doubt I would even bother with a second date. I've gone on quite a few dates and it's not that difficult to tell whether a woman is interested in you. Also the fact that you texted her that you had a great time and there was no response from her says a lot. In my experience if a woman was truly interested she'd respond with something like "I really did too!" I'd just move on.
Umm when I'm asked that question my response is either "yeah, definitely" or just a flat out "yea" with a smile and I mean it. I mean what do you want her response to be? "OMG yes, please I cant wait to see you again!", cause most women won't say that on a first date interested or not.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke2611 View Post
You said you'd text. You didn't give her much opportunity to reply. The ball is still in your court.
He texted her right after the date and she never responded to that. I wouldn't bother to text again and try for a second date.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:44 AM

358 posts, read 229,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I went out on a first date with a girl I had met online. She seemed really great. And though the date wasn't the most amazing ever (probably because of my nerves) it certainly was not the worst either. When leaving the restaurant we hugged, she said briefly to text her when I got home. During the date I asked her to be honest with me of how she would respond if I had asked her to go out with me again. She said "yeah sure."

So once I got back home that night I texted her that I had a great time and would text her a little later in the week. Now I'm not freaking out, maybe over analyzing a bit, but should I be worried that she has not replied back yet with a simple "it was nice" type of message? Your thoughts....
Why on Gods earth would you ask such a question? Talk about putting someone in a potentially uncomfortable situation.

Even if she had zero intentions of seeing you again she would probably not tell you that outright.

You sound needy lol

And yes you should be worried she has not replied to your text or messaged you since.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
Why on Gods earth would you ask such a question? Talk about putting someone in a potentially uncomfortable situation.

Even if she had zero intentions of seeing you again she would probably not tell you that outright.

You sound needy lol

And yes you should be worried she has not replied to your text or messaged you since.

Nothing wrong with asking to see a girl again while on a date, most men do this when they're interested in seeing the girl again, not needy at all.

While yes, it may put her on the spot and she might just say yes to appease him, it's the risk you take in putting yourself out there. No different then when a guy says he'd like to see you again and then never calls, all just a part of dating.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:30 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post

You sound needy lol

Yep. She probably said "yeah sure" because she didnt want to say "no, I really dont like you that much". What would you expect her to say?

If she had liked you, you would have gotten a very positive answer, not "yeah sure".

Old 07-01-2015, 10:33 AM

358 posts, read 229,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Nothing wrong with asking to see a girl again while on a date, most men do this when they're interested in seeing the girl again, not needy at all.

While yes, it may put her on the spot and she might just say yes to appease him, it's the risk you take in putting yourself out there. No different then when a guy says he'd like to see you again and then never calls, all just a part of dating.
Everything wrong with it.

1) You will not know if its an honest answer or not. Most women will not tell you "no, you have been a lame date, I have no intentions of seeing you again"

2) Potentially can make someone feel uncomfortable

Saying id like to see you again is in no way comparable. You are not putting someone in an uncomfortable position AND your not expecting to get any answer / intel from such a comment.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

Yup, if I'm really into them, I'll let them know then and there.

Rarely has it served me wrong. I can tell if they're into me generally, and if they're not, I won't ask.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Yep. She probably said "yeah sure" because she didnt want to say "no, I really dont like you that much". What would you expect her to say?

If she had liked you, you would have gotten a very positive answer, not "yeah sure".
I agree totally. I've gone out on second dates where I got that response or something similar. Big mistake. It was like they were doing it out of pity or they didn't have anything better to do so why not. The ones who were really interested in going on a second date were more enthusiastic. Lesson learned on my part. I have always known whether I want to see someone again after the first date, and this is usually the case for most others as well.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yup, if I'm really into them, I'll let them know then and there.

Rarely has it served me wrong. I can tell if they're into me generally, and if they're not, I won't ask.
Yup, I think as a rule of thumb men ask this question when they feel the date is going well and the girl is into them.

Either way you won't know for sure until you actually make a set concrete date with the girl, so all this speculation is useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships