Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:15 AM

9 posts, read 12,391 times

Advertisements

Before I begin I was just want to give a short description of my boyfriend and I. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 years. I live with my parents still, going to school and working part time. He lives in an apartment with a family he doesn't know, he's paying to stay in a room with this family, and other individuals pay for a room too. He has two jobs, one in the morning and one at night so he has no free time. Only Sundays he has off and sometimes he gets off work early on Saturday. Lately, we haven't been talking like we used too. He always would text me first with a good morning but he stopped doing that. Then I would text him first a good morning or how are you. He won't reply back or he sometimes he will reply back days after. I understand he is busy so I would let it go. However, on his days off or early days I'll text him but he won't reply, so I would call him to see if he is okay or something had happen to him and he told me he is with his friends and he will talk to me later and hang up right away without me getting to responding back, after that he won't even text me or call me. I wouldn't text him first sometimes to see what he would do and he didn't do anything, still no call back or a response. So I haven't contacted him in a while like why should I do all the effort if he hasn’t? I'm starting to think if he is cheating on me because he mentioned another girl lives in the same building he does and he told me that she was "alright". Or another possibility he wants to break up me, slowly he is letting me suffer and calling it quits. I don't know what is going on but it makes me wonder if it's me, am I bad girlfriend? I always let him know that I care about him and want to make him happy. I don't want to be a clingy girlfriend so I wouldn't get mad him when he hangs out with other friends that are some girls. He even told me he wouldn't care if I hang out with guys just nothing serious, which hurt because sounds like he doesn't care about me, maybe he doesn't care about me at all then. His friends or anything he is doing is more important then to talk to me, not even a HI. I'm hurt and I tried to explain to him I’m hurt, and then his response would be about himself. One example, I told him I was mad at him then a day later he responds, "Hi, I was helping a guy out with a car and the clutch didn't want to work. I'm frustrated, today isn't my day." That’s all he said then I responded, "Yea... Night." His response was a broken heart emoji. OMG I was so upset.

Can someone give me advice or what you think I should do? Or give me a guys point of view.
I'm suffering like it really hurts, its painful internally. It has been almost four days since I heard from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 11:49 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
You think that he is your BF, but I am not sure he thinks so too. This doesn't sounds to me like a steady relationship. And looks like he is now preoccupied with other things. Did you met last few weekends? Are you going to meet this weekend? You need to have talk person to person , not per text, and find out what's going on.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:02 PM

I haven't seen him almost a month. He won't talk to me, he won't give me the time of day and his excuse is "I'm working."

Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Even if I was to break up with him, how would I go about doing so? I can't see him, he doesn't even talk to me anymore for me to meet up with him. He's an *******.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:09 PM

[quote=elnina;40269984]You think that he is your BF, but I am not sure he thinks so too. This doesn't sounds to me like a steady relationship.

Before he used to tell me about his future that included me and that loved and cared for me. He told his family about me and I met his sisters, he met my brother. Then all of the sudden he won't say a word to me.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:15 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porbecito View Post
I haven't seen him almost a month. He won't talk to me, he won't give me the time of day and his excuse is "I'm working."

Sounds like he's broken up with you!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:16 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
There is no need to figure out how to break up with him. He's already made it clear by his actions that he is no longer interested in you. Just don't contact him again--break up complete.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
If you need to make it official - just text him that you are breaking up with him. But I agree with the others, it doesn't sound like you are in a relationship with him.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:30 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
3 Years????? You have been seeing this guy for that long and he starts treating you like you're a telemarketer calling and pestering him?

Here is my suggestion...Do not call or text him. You go out and be with friends and be too busy for him. He sounds just like one of my ex's and we had dated about the same length of time and he started acting just like your guy friend is. Well, turns out my ex was seeing not just one girl, but more than one while keeping me dangling. He would tell me he would call, and he either wouldn't call when he said or it would be hours or a day or longer. He would tell me he was going to pick me up at a certain time and I waited crying on my porch until 4:30 a.m. and he never showed up. My heart didn't want to believe that someone who at one time told me he loved me more than anything and someone who talked about "when we get married we are going to have beautiful children and be so happy for the rest of our lives together".....all of that was bull pooh-pooh.
That man almost destroyed me ---no that is not true---I almost destroyed myself. I hope that you do not "hang in there" as long as I did waiting for him. All I did was waste precious time. The jerk I was with got engaged to someone while he was still engaged to me.
Do yourself a favor--LOVE YOURSELF AND DON'T LET ANYONE TREAT YOU LIKE GARBAGE! You are a very special person and there are plenty of people who will treat you like you deserve to be treated. You are a real winner! Don't settle for a loser!

Old 07-03-2015, 02:23 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
When a guy starts to ignore you, you write him off. If you're not with his time, he isn't worth yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships