Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:28 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times

Advertisements

Instant replay in baseball vs allowing the human error element of the umpires to play a part in the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 11:28 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Yeah, Feebie wrote a song specifically for them.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:32 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Instant replay in baseball vs allowing the human error element of the umpires to play a part in the game.
This is not silly...lol. I can't say that hubby and I have fought over it...but there have been heated back and forth conversation over the merits of each side. Thing us.....each of us can argue either viewpoint.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:08 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
This is not silly...lol. I can't say that hubby and I have fought over it...but there have been heated back and forth conversation over the merits of each side. Thing us.....each of us can argue either viewpoint.
I think it was silly because we actually got heated over it and we don't fight often.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:56 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Okay...singing a silly song to the cat is not abuse...lol. Thanks for the clarification....yeah....that probably fits as a stupid fight....because let's face it...some cats can be quite stinky!
Well you've never heard me sing. Some may have considered it abuse of the eardrums. But yeah, he was just in a bad mood (my ex, not the cat.)

My current and I once fought about bike laws in Philly.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:03 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Not with my wife, bc it has to actually be important to get me riled up, but my brother and I have had a million stupid fights.
Usually bc he thinks he is right about everything and I am too dumb to roll my eyes and move on.

The last one was about the Monty Hall problem. He could not believe the answer I was giving and lost his mind...his training as an engineer and physicist would not let him, and his training as a lawyer has now just made this worse.
https://youtu.be/7u6kFlWZOWg

Old 07-05-2015, 07:15 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,237,867 times
They all end up in the same stupid place. We could start off arguing about whether or not Bacon wrote the works of Shakespeare, or international trade policy, or origin of life, or the causes of the Civil War...and it ends up in a meta-argument which is basically "you're a mean jerk & are rude to me"/"no I'm not".

Old 07-05-2015, 07:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Neither of is really the fighting type, so when we do argue, it's usually over something substantial. However, one incident comes to mind from when we were first dating: I inadvertently double-dipped a potato chip, and figured it was the perfect spring-board to make a Seinfeld reference, so I said it was like putting my whole mouth in the dip. In those days he was a rather brooding, melancholy young man, and didn't see the humor it in. He calmly replaced the lid, handed me back the dip, and broke up with me. I sat there with this dumbfounded look on my face, that anyone would get so upset over something so silly. About a week later he finally called; evidently he told our mutual friend of the incident, who in turn sat him down to watch that Seinfeld episode (which, unbeknownst to me, he had never heard of). After that he felt like a complete tool, and I made it my personal mission to loosen him up and inject some humor into his life.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:51 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Neither of is really the fighting type, so when we do argue, it's usually over something substantial. However, one incident comes to mind from when we were first dating: I inadvertently double-dipped a potato chip, and figured it was the perfect spring-board to make a Seinfeld reference, so I said it was like putting my whole mouth in the dip. In those days he was a rather brooding, melancholy young man, and didn't see the humor it in. He calmly replaced the lid, handed me back the dip, and broke up with me. I sat there with this dumbfounded look on my face, that anyone would get so upset over something so silly. About a week later he finally called; evidently he told our mutual friend of the incident, who in turn sat him down to watch that Seinfeld episode (which, unbeknownst to me, he had never heard of). After that he felt like a complete tool, and I made it my personal mission to loosen him up and inject some humor into his life.
Ahh yes, one of the worst pitfalls of dating in the 90s: the sexiest guys were always brooding. I'm glad you got him to loosen up!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:58 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Are you serious?! lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships