Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 06:08 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,974 times

Advertisements

Do you like her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 PM

358 posts, read 229,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Do you like her?
As a person yes. Nice gal.

Romantically no. Too much make up and weird teeth.

Nice rack and booty though.

Which I am sure is why her ex is keeping her on a string.

Anyways, I just learned he told her he has a wife and has been separated for 2 years. He now says he wants to marry her when he gets his previous marriage settled. He moved back to the US and the girl lives in Korea.

Which I am 100% positive is bs. I have no clue why guys want to hold on to a girl and lead them on when they dont even live in the same country.

Makes no sense.

She is rationalizing his behavior as when they were together he was not serious but now he realizes how much he likes/loves her and wants to be with her.

Load of bull.

As I told her, this very minute he is chatting, meeting, and sleeping with other women in the US.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:06 PM

106 posts, read 87,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
I want to pull out my hair right now.

I have a good female friend who has just got back with her exbf. She has caught this guy cheating or lying atleast 2 previous times. The last time she called me crying at 4am saying how she should have listened to me the first time and how dumb she was and how she learned her lesson. Well, obviously she didnt. Its not like they are married or have kids together or even dated a long time.

As I told her the first time she called me about him, I was blunt with her and told her he was only using her for sex and he was without question seeing other girls during the week. Well she gets back with him again and next time he accidentally butt dials her while he is at the bar with another girl and she can hear their entire conversation. Calls me in tears after. Now I find out she is back with him.

I mean what the hell?!?!? You can not make this up. I just dont understand how someone can be so dumb.

Unbelievable.

Does she have an ounce of self respect and dignity?!?

Bloody hell.

This isnt just her, I have had other female friends and people I know do the same thing.

I catch any woman cheating or lying on me and she is kicking rocks.

#vent/rant

fyi, I know all women are not like this.
When I'm out fighting crime in Gotham City I meet many women like this. They're dumb and have no self esteem. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:54 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
I am curious, why continue to be friends with someone who you believe is dumb? What are you getting out of this? Is she banging you on the side?

I'm asking this because I don't understand why someone would be friends with a person that they think is stupid. I mean friendship is about respect and that doesn't seem respectful. If you don't respect her don't stop being her friend and cut her loose.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:57 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
There's no shortage of people with low self esteem.
Exactly, which leads to dysfunctional co-dependent relationships.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I am curious, why continue to be friends with someone who you believe is dumb? What are you getting out of this? Is she banging you on the side?

I'm asking this because I don't understand why someone would be friends with a person that they think is stupid. I mean friendship is about respect and that doesn't seem respectful. If you don't respect her don't stop being her friend and cut her loose.
Someone's intellect or common sense is not what I base friendships on. In her case I am her friend because she is a nice, friendly, sweet girl.

Friendship is about a lot more than just respect. I respect plenty about her, but putting herself through hell getting back with a lair and cheater I can not respect.

I will continue to tell her she is wrong and needs to think with her head and not her heart.

If hell cooled over and I decided to get back with some lying cheating girl I would hope all my friends would tell me of my stupidity and not baby me.

Last edited by Tyrion Grey; 07-10-2015 at 01:11 AM..

Old 07-10-2015, 01:15 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Exactly, which leads to dysfunctional co-dependent relationships.
I seen this first hand. It doesn't work out well for anyone involved.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:18 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Someone's intellect or common sense is not what I base friendships on. In her case I am her friend because she is a nice, friendly, sweet girl.

Friendship is about a lot more than just respect. I respect plenty about her, but putting herself through hell getting back with a lair and cheater I can not respect.

I will continue to tell her she is wrong and needs to think with her head and not her heart.

If hell cooled over and I decided to get back with some lying cheating girl I would hope all my friends would tell me of my stupidity and not baby me.
How has that been working so far?

Old 07-10-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
How has that been working so far?
Obviously not in her case, hence the crying shoulder and advice will cease going forward.

When her bf grows tired of her and she messages or calls me I will simply say should have listened to me and tell her I got to go.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:27 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,424,923 times
Quote:
I disagree. It is a high % of women in my experience. Well, women that go back or be with men that are not good relationship material.
Alas it is the "in my experience" part that makes me fail to take it seriously. Personal anecdote is not evidence - and if the people you experience seem to share a trait this is more often due to you and not them. So perhaps your experience is a measure of the kind of women you attract as friends for example.

Generally when people are abused emotionally or physically - cheated on - and so forth - they leave the relationship. That is the majority action. There are those that DO go back to that relationship - even against our vicarious better judgements. But their reasons for doing so are many - and simply being "dumb" is only one possible reason on that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships