Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 07:56 PM

765 posts, read 986,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Online dating is the odd lots clearance rack of singles.

Take your pick of the psychotic, illiterate, dysfunctional, unhygienic or otherwise grotesque.

If you were lucky enough to meet a quality person on a dating site then you truly beat the odds but how many stupid messages did you have to suffer through to get there.
Ur tellin me i have to deal with woman that just dont give a **** play around
Those who put u in the annoying unwanted friendzone and a whole section of people who aint pure or are rotten in their personality

I wish a lot of these people would disappear from online daying

I send 75-300 message a day and eventually i meet a really hot girl with a good personality but its amaxin to see how many people dont write bac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 10:30 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
Online dating is a mystery. I don't get it.
I don't get it when you have your preferences listed and then someone the age of your grandpa or a person lacking intelligence responds: "i c u look cut, how ur day?" No.
If you specify you are interested in a relationship then someone with a profile heading of (beatitupallnight) should not respond to your profile. I'm just saying. WTH
Goodluck with the online dating profile, I can't do it.
My thoughts, when you are serious hire a matchmaker.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:14 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,574 times
Quote:
Online dating is the odd lots clearance rack of singles.

Take your pick of the psychotic, illiterate, dysfunctional, unhygienic or otherwise grotesque.

If you were lucky enough to meet a quality person on a dating site then you truly beat the odds but how many stupid messages did you have to suffer through to get there.
I'm upset, because I begrudgingly agree with everything you just said. I've met mental therapist online who seemed to need therapy themselves. I've met women who on the surface appeared highly intelligent and attractive still logging into their online profiles 6 months later. I've met women who seem to want an honest and sincere relationship tell me how their last 10 dates did not go well due to lack of chemistry. Sometimes the only girls that seem to have their sheet together for the most part on these dating sites are the ones who just weren't blessed with good looks. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:44 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I'm upset, because I begrudgingly agree with everything you just said. I've met mental therapist online who seemed to need therapy themselves. I've met women who on the surface appeared highly intelligent and attractive still logging into their online profiles 6 months later. I've met women who seem to want an honest and sincere relationship tell me how their last 10 dates did not go well due to lack of chemistry. Sometimes the only girls that seem to have their sheet together for the most part on these dating sites are the ones who just weren't blessed with good looks. Just my 2 cents.
FWIW...

I am being informally exclusive with someone by choice right now, from OKC, and yet I still log into my profile often. Why? Because (and I told him this) there were a few people I'd met, that while I wasn't quite close enough to want to give them my phone number, and we weren't compatible as dates, we had good friend-level convos, and those people were content with that and still wanted to chat, so I'm using it as a form of social media. One guy wound up going back to TX and reconciling with his wife, they are exploring some stuff together to keep the spark-a-burnin, and I'm totally in his cheering section. I met him one time and he was a really nice man, and I was hoping everything would go well for him. I don't mind staying in touch (assuming it's not an issue between he and his wife.)

I have now put an update on my profile that describes my current situation, how I'm not so much looking for dates or sex at the moment, why I still have my profile up, etc. Also that I am always down to make new friends if anyone is just wanting to expand their social circle.

I'm getting far fewer messages now, which I guess goes to show that guys do read profiles, at least the first little paragraph's worth. I'm honest. I'm not trying to waste anyone's time.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:05 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Ur tellin me i have to deal with woman that just dont give a **** play around
Those who put u in the annoying unwanted friendzone and a whole section of people who aint pure or are rotten in their personality

I wish a lot of these people would disappear from online daying

I send 75-300 message a day and eventually i meet a really hot girl with a good personality but its amaxin to see how many people dont write bac
They won't. Why? Because this is the social life of last resort for some folks. So, enjoy the raw sewage dump you choose to swim in or get lost.

I'm trolling around POF in the other tab and here's a winner for you:

"Also, I spend more time focusing on working out than trying to find a relationship. Just a heads up."

Defense mechanism? Yeah, probably. Women don't want to be seen as taking OLD seriously no matter how many OLD profile coaching types tell you otherwise. The stigma is still there and the classical "I can't believe I'm doing this!" or "A friend made me do this!" still shows up to prove that point.

OTOH, to someone who takes that line at face value (well, it was one line of her three line profile...three very short lines, mind you), why would any guy seriously looking for Miss Right bother? Especially, since although this example ain't shabby to any extent, she ain't a bodybuilding competitor type, either.

Intent is looking for a relationship.
For
Spoiler
Friends

Old 07-15-2015, 01:42 AM

403 posts, read 597,988 times
Why do you always post the weirdest threads???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships