Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 08:57 AM

837 posts, read 754,104 times

Advertisements

Growing up, I read lots of books on dating because I've always struggled in dating horrendously. I wanted to get decent at it so badly so I read and I read. I didn't even get my first kiss until 20 and I was a virgin until 23.

Well, I'm 26 and I've accomplished every single thing the books told me to do

- I would say I'm at least good looking, maybe even very good looking. I get compliments almost on a daily basis from friends, relatives/wives/girlfriends of friends, random strangers at a bars, my clients at work who adore me, etc... it just doesn't end.

- very fit - resemble a bodybuilder. Also dress very sharp - get compliments 24-7 on how I dress as well.

- I make around 170-180K - have all the material things you could want, nice house, fancy luxury sports car. I'm better off by miles than anybody else I know who is under 30. I'm talking miles and miles because I live in a very reasonable cost area. I'm also very grateful for this as I was poor growing up.

- I have a fantastic lifestyle, pretty much do whatever the hell I want - nice restaurants, concerts, sports events, etc... I love my life. I have wonderful friends

- I'm plenty intelligent - have a college degree, can hold a good conversation on anything

- I'm very easy to get along with. I've had friends from every walk of life - I can make almost anybody feel comfortable around me.

The point of the thread is not to brag about anything, it's that I feel like I'm better than the overwhelming majority of men in almost every subcategory yet i find dating to be absolutely impossible. I've never had a girlfriend, even though that's all I've wanted for the last 10 years...I don't even care about just getting laid. I want a good high quality girlfriend.

My problem is that the women sort of in my league - decent looking, decent shape, close to my age range - never ever ever give me any signs of interest or make it somewhat easy for me to talk to them. Whenever I see somebody I like, there's 5,000 obstacles in the way and it's so damn hard for me to overcome them. I went out last night and there was this super cute girl with that thicker athletic bodytype that I have who was out with a friend of a friend but trying to engage her was so damn hard because of the obstacles in the way.

I just don't know guys. I feel that I'm going to die alone. I'm not willing to settle for someone morbidly obese and the halfway decent looking women my age never want anything to do with me. The weird thing is that they're the only people who act that way - everybody else absolutely adores me - straight men, gay men, older people, younger people. I get way more compliments and attention from gay men than women for example. It's just baffling.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,709,438 times
Talk about the "humble brag"....that right there is not attractive no matter how many decent qualities you may think you have.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Brahmabull, there is nothing left to be said to you that hasn't been said already.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:05 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
I feel your pain I'm in the same boat as you in a number of ways I'm just not loaded like you are lol, and I'm older than you. You might have a social network problem like I do which is leading you to not encounter women in your league. I am trying to join more clubs with quality women and I've been trying harder at the gym which in my opinion is where higher quality women are. It's been tough so far though and gets a little depressing in the summer when you want someone to do things with. All in all I would refuse to settle. I know I never will I'll die alone first.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:06 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
Yeah... so what are the obstacles you speak of?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Talk about the "humble brag"....that right there is not attractive no matter how many decent qualities you may think you have.

only for the purpose of the thread, I don't act like this in real life

I talk about whatever they like to talk about and never brag

Old 07-12-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I feel your pain I'm in the same boat as you in a number of ways I'm just not loaded like you are lol, and I'm older than you. You might have a social network problem like I do which is leading you to not encounter women in your league. I am trying to join more clubs with quality women and I've been trying harder at the gym which in my opinion is where higher quality women are. It's been tough so far though and gets a little depressing in the summer when you want someone to do things with. All in all I would refuse to settle. I know I never will I'll die alone first.

women at the gym are ****ing fantastic but that's a very very hard avenue to get anything done. The women are very defensive there

although dating in general is extremely difficult

Old 07-12-2015, 09:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Honestly you write pretty boring, one can only take so much "me,me,me" and "I, I, I am the best at".

If you have all these compliments and admirers doing so 24/7 when do you sleep?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:14 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,444 times
You sounds cocky and full of yourself.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Honestly you write pretty boring, one can only take so much "me,me,me" and "I, I, I am the best at".
only for the purpose of the thread sir

I'm actually plenty fun in real life, cracking jokes and teasing people all the time

Quote:
If you have all these compliments and admirers doing so 24/7 when do you sleep?
dude, you think i'm exaggerating, it's like a 24-7 thing. I almost feel like a celebrity sometimes

I was at a bar last thursday and this big black girl wouldn't stop complementing me and my friends. She said that we looked like an Abercrombie shoot.

Another girl - a very cute one actually - said that me and my friends were all extremely handsome and great singers. (we were at a Karaoke Bar)

I've grown to become a huge people's person. I love most people I come across because everybody is so nice to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships