Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 06:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,789 times

Advertisements

I have worked in a department store for about 2 years. There is this guy who works there in another department. Never really talked to him, just seen him around. We have mutual friends and whatnot.

Normally when a guy is attracted to me it is obvious. They either make eyes with me, smile at me, try to find ways to talk to me/be around me....or they do the total opposite and get awkward, nervous and shy. Even if the guy never ends up talking to me (I understand it is a hard thing to just go up to someone you don't know), I will at the very least spot them staring at me or frequently glancing etc.

To get to the point, the guy I work with has NEVER displayed ANY signs of being remotely attracted to me. He never looks at me, he has never tried to talk to me, when we walk past each other he doesn't look at me and will walk in another direction. I mean, he shows every signs of not even noticing I am there. And he isn't some shy guy who is awkward around girls either. He is outgoing. He simply showed no interest in me which I was fine with.

Well he randomly requested me on facebook. He started to message me and was saying how he thought I was pretty, how he always noticed me and I was cute etc. I was like "WTF?!?!" If he really was into me, why would he never look at me? Why would he walk away from me during times where we were alone in the same area, where he could have easily tried to talk to me or even smile at me? It is just something I am REALLY confused about.

I have always been told by guys that if a guy is interested, you will catch him staring at you and he will always try to be around you in one way or another. Even if he never actually has the guts to talk. But I have never heard of a case where a guy acts like he doesn't even know you're there, but actually likes you. Can someone explain this to me???

(And again I would understand if I were dealing with a socially awkward person but he is an outgoing friendly guy with many female friends)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 06:59 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
OP:

I do not know what is going on in his mind.

You will have to talk to him about this after work.

That means do not accept his facebook friend request.

Talk to him in person.

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 07-12-2015 at 07:15 PM..

Old 07-12-2015, 07:18 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Maybe, he wants to keep work professional? Maybe, he doesn't really like you? Maybe you should just ask him?

Old 07-12-2015, 07:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Just because he is outgoing other wise doesn't mean he isn't shy around women he likes.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:26 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Guys can do strange things and be very unpredictable around girls that they like.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysoft2 View Post
I have worked in a department store for about 2 years. There is this guy who works there in another department. Never really talked to him, just seen him around. We have mutual friends and whatnot.

Normally when a guy is attracted to me it is obvious. They either make eyes with me, smile at me, try to find ways to talk to me/be around me....or they do the total opposite and get awkward, nervous and shy. Even if the guy never ends up talking to me (I understand it is a hard thing to just go up to someone you don't know), I will at the very least spot them staring at me or frequently glancing etc.

To get to the point, the guy I work with has NEVER displayed ANY signs of being remotely attracted to me. He never looks at me, he has never tried to talk to me, when we walk past each other he doesn't look at me and will walk in another direction. I mean, he shows every signs of not even noticing I am there. And he isn't some shy guy who is awkward around girls either. He is outgoing. He simply showed no interest in me which I was fine with.

Well he randomly requested me on facebook. He started to message me and was saying how he thought I was pretty, how he always noticed me and I was cute etc. I was like "WTF?!?!" If he really was into me, why would he never look at me? Why would he walk away from me during times where we were alone in the same area, where he could have easily tried to talk to me or even smile at me? It is just something I am REALLY confused about.

I have always been told by guys that if a guy is interested, you will catch him staring at you and he will always try to be around you in one way or another. Even if he never actually has the guts to talk. But I have never heard of a case where a guy acts like he doesn't even know you're there, but actually likes you. Can someone explain this to me???

(And again I would understand if I were dealing with a socially awkward person but he is an outgoing friendly guy with many female friends)

Maybe he wants to stay away from office gossip.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:43 PM

^Its not an office it is a retail clothes store

Old 07-12-2015, 07:47 PM

FYI to update, I have no desire to ask him anything in person about it. I only came here to get a guys perspective about this. To see why a guy would show no interest in a girl they claim to be interested in. I always thought I knew how to read men and the signs of interest were predictable but this threw me off.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysoft2 View Post
FYI to update, I have no desire to ask him anything in person about it. I only came here to get a guys perspective about this. To see why a guy would show no interest in a girl they claim to be interested in. I always thought I knew how to read men and the signs of interest were predictable but this threw me off.
Only some men are predictable.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:00 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Some guys move slow, yep some do. In person he wasnt going to open up. Start on social media, Maybe get to know him there, If he's interested he will then approach you. If not, stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships