Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,817 times

Advertisements

Hi, I met this girl through Facebook 3 months ago, we started talking a lot daily. We both are from Mexico and she was doing her medical internship in Europe when we met through Facebook. A month later she returned from Europe and we have been dating for about a month, she broke up from a 3 year relationship 6 months ago because her boyfriend went to another state to make his medical service and he dumped her, he was very emotionally abusive with her, she is surprised that I treat her so well. We have very good chemistry and great spark. So well, we have been dating for about a month, we had already held hands and kissed a lot.

Two weeks ago I asked her to be my girlfriend and she told me that she we should wait for being a couple, she says we should keep dating and knowing each other. She told me she is overwhelmed because of her medical service and that she is afraid to get hurt again because of her past relationship but she told me that if we just keep dating and knowing each other till the end of the year she will be ready by then and become my girlfriend. She said she wants me to meet her parent and friends before being her boyfriend. After we spoke this on saturday she sent me a text saying that she wants to enjoy every step we take, she wants to explore many things with me and that it will be great. I don't know if she wants to keep me in the back burner or what. The other issue is that she will go to Europe or New York to make her masters degree in one year and a half, I don't know what to do, if cut the looses right now or just see where things go. I don't want to get hurt. I don't know if she wants friends with benefits before a commitment.

Last time I saw her was two weeks ago, last week we texted all the week normally and talked on the phone a few times. She told me that wee could see each other last sunday and I agreed, she told me me would confirm if she could hang out with me. So she called me at 7 pm and said: Im tired because of my medical service, I didn´t slept last night so I told her that there was no problem and that we could hang out when she has her two vacations which begin next week, so then she started getting mad at me and started crying because I don´t call her that often, she also told me that she was offended because I didn't insisted in seeing her this day and I told her that why would I insist if she is telling me that we will not see each other because she is tired, she wanted me to beg her. Then she told me that because I told her that we would see when she had vacations that meant that i don't wanted to see her before. She misinterpreted everything, it was frustrating. Were are not a couple, she made it clear she doesn't want anything serious with me till december when she finishes school but said that she wants to keep hanging out with me and wants us to keep knowing each other, and she wants me to do thins a boyfriend does, like calling all the time,etc but she doesn't want commitment, it is not fair. I always call her two times a week and we text during the day, she ended up hanging the phone to me saying that she didn´t wanted to talk about it anymore until the next day. The next day I sent her some flowers and she texted me in the night thanking me for them and saying that it was a generous gift and that she didn´t know why I did that. So my goal was to try to call her more and initiate contact more often. The results were not very good, I initiated contact ten times this week, I called her 4 times and 6 were through text. She only initiated contact the day I didn´t called her or texted her on purpose which was on Thursday. So my theory was right, when I started to contacted her more often she contacts me less. I told her that if she would like to go to a concert on her vacations and she told me that she would confirm. Then I told her that if we could meet on saturday and she told me that she had a friend´s birthday. Yesterday I called her to see how she was and she had no medical service yesterday and she didn't even mentioned to see me. She is taking me for granted and is not as sweet as before. I don't understand anything. Im thinking in backing off and see if she contacts me. She broke up 6 months ago from a 3.5 year old relationship with a guy that was a jerk and treated her very bad, and on top of this she wants to go to study to USA or Europe in a year, I don't want to invest myself in a long distance relationship. Any tips?. thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 02:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
You've already had two other threads on this identical topic. Enough already.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:12 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You've already had two other threads on this identical topic. Enough already.
Yep. No more. And no long distance.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:17 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
I didnt see the other threads, but I can see why the other boyfriend broke it off with her. Remember, you are just getting her side of the story. Sounds like other boyfriend got tired of her crap, too.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:57 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
I knew I had seen this before, guess it was under another username.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:59 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
Burn that phone up calling her!

Old 07-14-2015, 03:28 PM

213 posts, read 252,506 times
TLR.

"I don't want to invest myself in a long distance relationship."

You answered your question. Why waste blocks of text on something so simple?

Old 07-14-2015, 04:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
no LDRs they are fraught with issues. it sounds like she is being rather clingy, which is something else you dont want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships