Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 06:20 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I've just read a few pieces of this thread, enough to find that the OP likes, or rather much prefers well built and slim men, yet she herself is not well built and slim. That doesn't make her a hypocrite.
Absolutely true. Again, there is nothing wrong with a larger women preferring & being more attracted to slender guys. It's not hypocritical. If a big woman finds guys with a certain body type more attractive, more power to her! I think it's great, and I wish more big women made their feelings known like this.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:00 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
I've just read a few pieces of this thread, enough to find that the OP likes, or rather much prefers well built and slim men, yet she herself is not well built and slim. That doesn't make her a hypocrite..
I agree. Her preferences do not make her a hypocrite

If she is seriously overweight her preferences are not very realistic. Most men I know or talked to who are in shape, exercise and eat right prefer a woman who is not overweight. There are some who like overweight women but in that case they might have almost a fetishistic preference which the OP would not enjoy. As a consequence, she is single and not happy, as expected.

Quote:
Claiming that men who aren't attracted to her are "shallow" while apparently believing that her preferences are just what they are, does make her a hypocrite.
Agree, makes her hypocritical, unrealistic and bitter.

Quote:
Having said all that, I see men of all shapes and sizes with women of all shapes and sizes, so maybe being "large" isn't the only obstacle the OP faces. That's not meant as a shot at you, OP. If you don't intend to lose weight or you can't, finding out that changing something you may be willing or able to change will improve your prospects could be good news.
Not all people can lose significant amount of weight. However, everyone can lead healthier life style, exercise, be active and fit and eat right. So OP prospects will improve if she becomes more physically active, eats healthier and has a more positive outlook on life.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:16 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post

Not all people can lose significant amount of weight. However, everyone can lead healthier life style, exercise, be active and fit and eat right. So OP prospects will improve if she becomes more physically active, eats healthier and has a more positive outlook on life.
Sorry did I miss a post where she said she doesn't already do those things? There are plenty of people who eat right and stay active but are still overweight, and that has to do with genetic so it's a bit presumptuous to assume she eats bad and is lazy. For me personally, it is a constant struggle to stay within a normal weight range, if all I did was eat right and stayed active I'd be 20 pounds heavier than I am now. I have to eat very little, and exercise a crazy amount just to maintain a decent weight (and by decent I mean the higher end of the the normal BMI weight range for my height).

BTW same goes for my mother, her weight is a constant struggle she's normal/thin but she barely eats, to this day workouts everyday and she is 68 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships