Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:17 PM

154 posts, read 159,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Exactly why do you want to text her happy birthday?

Exactly what do you want her to do after reading that text?

Exactly what do you expect to happen after she reads that text?

Exactly what are your intentions regarding the entire situation?

Because there has to be a reason why you want to wish her happy birthday that you did not list in your original post.
I wished her happy birthday at lunch the day before her birthday and did not contact her on her actual birthday the following day. No regrets. I talked to her in a group mms/chat briefly on her birthday and yesterday but did not mention it being her birthday.

Because we're friends and have spent alot of time together lately.

Acknowledge it with a thanks. Recognize I made the effort and consider me a friend.

Acknowledge it with a thanks. Recognize I made the effort and consider me a friend.

This is a situation where a girl has a boyfriend she likes, he treats her well, etc. I am the guy she might be dating if something went wrong with that relationship. I guess my intention is to maintain a friendship with her and one day if something goes wrong in her relationship, I could date her. To be honest, I'm not above being the guy she cheats with either.

It seems alot of young women now days try to live with the best of the committed relationship life and the single life. A hybrid to suite their desires. Take it as far as they can without actually cheating or just pushing the envelope. This girl does this.

My inention now is to maintain a friendship with her, stay in contact, and see what happens. Like I said, her boyfriend treats her well, makes good money, etc., so Im not expecting much. She is a very quality person and I value keeping her as a normal friend anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 06:27 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbluciano View Post
I wished her happy birthday at lunch the day before her birthday and did not contact her on her actual birthday the following day. No regrets. I talked to her in a group mms/chat briefly on her birthday and yesterday but did not mention it being her birthday.

Because we're friends and have spent a lot of time together lately.

This is a situation where a girl has a boyfriend she likes, he treats her well, etc. I am the guy she might be dating if something went wrong with that relationship. I guess my intention is to maintain a friendship with her and one day if something goes wrong in her relationship, I could date her. To be honest, I'm not above being the guy she cheats with either.

It seems a lot of young women now days try to live with the best of the committed relationship life and the single life. A hybrid to suite their desires. Take it as far as they can without actually cheating or just pushing the envelope. This girl does this.

My intention now is to maintain a friendship with her, stay in contact, and see what happens. Like I said, her boyfriend treats her well, makes good money, etc., so I'm not expecting much. She is a very quality person and I value keeping her as a normal friend anyway.
OP:

Regarding the bolded parts in pink...

You do realize that you are contradicting yourself?

Because you are willing to cheat with her on her boyfriend yet your intention is to maintain a friendship with her.

So exactly what do you want?

A relationship or a friendship?

You also do realize that anyone who cheats with you will cheat on you?

And if she is a high quality person, why would you want to cheat with her on her boyfriend?

And if you value keeping her as a normal friend, why would you want to cheat with her on her boyfriend?

Because to me if someone is of value to me, I would act in a respectful manner towards them.

Yeah...

You do have ulterior motives.

You come off as insincere.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

You do realize that you are contradicting yourself?

Because you are willing to cheat with her on her boyfriend yet your intention is to maintain a friendship with her.

So exactly what do you want?

A relationship or a friendship?

You also do realize that anyone who cheats with you will cheat on you?

And if she is a high quality person, why would you want to cheat with her on her boyfriend?

And if you value keeping her as a normal friend, why would you want to cheat with her on her boyfriend?

Because to me if someone is of value to me, I would act in a respectful manner towards them.

Yeah...

You do have ulterior motives.

You come off as insincere.

He's just a typical example of 99% of guy's that are "just friends" out there.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:43 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Lol I know this already....
Yet there's going to be lots of women saying that their "friends" are just "friends"
They aren't just "friends" --they're waiting to get their chance....
Waiting for the bf's or husband's to mess up-
So they can make the moves.

This isn't rocket science.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:30 PM

How many people are 'friends' with their significant other before they start dating? How many of these people were in a relationship when they met this 'friend'? A lot. This is a common scenario.

Also, the word 'intent' is not exactly valid here. If two people are friends and there's a mutual attraction, then things can happen. You don't 'intend' to be attracted to someone, you just are.

I've known here for a year, have caught her looking at my crotch several times, have had many sexual innuendos directed at me from her, answered more 'potential boyfriend' screening questions from her than I can count, but have never made an outright move her. She has also told me not to pass it along to our (now former) coworkers if 'anything were to happen'.

As far as I KNOW, she does not cheat. She sure does leave some doubt in my mind though. She is a flirt and likes the games and attention.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:45 PM

Another point worth making is that I would much prefer to meet someone with the qualities I like that is SINGLE. However, almost every quality female (attractive, educated, social, employed) is in a relationship. So, you get in line as a 'friend' with as many desirables as possible and wait for something to happen. Most of these women LIKE to have plan B's lined up in case things do go bad.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
How many people are 'friends' with their significant other before they start dating? How many of these people were in a relationship when they met this 'friend'? A lot. This is a common scenario.

Also, the word 'intent' is not exactly valid here. If two people are friends and there's a mutual attraction, then things can happen. You don't 'intend' to be attracted to someone, you just are.

I've known here for a year, have caught her looking at my crotch several times, have had many sexual innuendos directed at me from her, answered more 'potential boyfriend' screening questions from her than I can count, but have never made an outright move her. She has also told me not to pass it along to our (now former) coworkers if 'anything were to happen'.

As far as I KNOW, she does not cheat. She sure does leave some doubt in my mind though. She is a flirt and likes the games and attention.
OP:

We cannot help the way we are wired, but we do make choices, and each of those choices holds a consequence.

So the two of you were co-workers, and she acted this way at work.

Her behavior can be considered sexual harassment behavior.

Hmmm...

And she told you that she not want your co-worker's at that time to know if anything were to happen.

I wonder why.

So you would date a female who is a flirt and likes the games and attention.

Why?

Old 07-19-2015, 09:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Women don't believe this, though. They fall for it every time.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:46 AM

150 posts, read 172,191 times
Find someone who is available. Don't be sneaky, shady and creepy because that's the picture you're painting of yourself.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Another point worth making is that I would much prefer to meet someone with the qualities I like that is SINGLE. However, almost every quality female (attractive, educated, social, employed) is in a relationship. So, you get in line as a 'friend' with as many desirables as possible and wait for something to happen. Most of these women LIKE to have plan B's lined up in case things do go bad.
Not me...

But...

I am married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships