Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:56 PM

434 posts, read 3,177,952 times

Advertisements

Couple of questions about what to do with old ex's. Currently dating someone for about 9 months and to I have eliminated all texts, Facebook friends, Facebook messages, pictures and emails from anyone that I was involved with before we met. My girlfriend has not communicated with her last significant relationship in 5 months, but they are still Facebook friends and she has kept all correspondence with him. Is it out of line for me to ask her to clean her side of the street as well? Things are turning serious and it looks like we are going to make this a long term relationship plus flirting with the idea of getting married.

Second question, I accidentally stumbled across a trove of nude photos that my current GF sent to the last guy she dated. They were on a shared server that she used with her last BF. So all of the photos were in his computer. I asked her about it and she said that it was a long distance relationship, they lived 200 miles away from each other and occasionally would send something to keep the fire lit. Thought it was pretty creepy that this guy kept pictures from almost three years ago. But, she emailed him, asked him to delete them and when I checked back 15 minutes later all pictures of my girlfriend were off his side of the server except for 4 innocent pictures of them out on a date. He claims he "forgot" that the nude pictures were there. We immediately shut down the shared account and have seemed to move past this.

I'm fairly new to the world of dating in middle age. How common is it for people to swap nude pictures for their partners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 01:58 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrguy View Post

I'm fairly new to the world of dating in middle age. How common is it for people to swap nude pictures for their partners?
I have been doing this since I started dating back in the 90s.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:01 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Why do you feel like she needs to clean the slate as far as FB goes? Are you concerned?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:

Second question, I accidentally stumbled across a trove of nude photos that my current GF sent to the last guy she dated. They were on a shared server that she used with her last BF.
How do you accidentally stumble across nude photos of GF and her ex, curious?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:06 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:

I've never done it, nor has anyone I know. It's trashy IMHO.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:08 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Asking her to unfriend an Ex on Facebook etc would probably make you appear either very controlling or very insecure. Also, in the unlikely case that she does still carry a torch for the Ex, it would do absolutely nothing to extinguish it. I'd suggest just continuing your relationship and trust her to handle her Ex's appropriately.

I agree about the pics being trashy. And once sent, they're out there forever.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:13 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Asking her to unfriend an Ex on Facebook etc would probably make you appear either very controlling or very insecure. Also, in the unlikely case that she does still carry a torch for the Ex, it would do absolutely nothing to extinguish it. I'd suggest just continuing your relationship and trust her to handle her Ex's appropriately.

I agree about the pics being trashy. And once sent, they're out there forever.
Yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled if a guy started telling me who I could and couldn't be in communication with. Seems like a red flag.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:14 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Id say that your best move would be to just ignore it. If she continues communicating with an ex or sends photos to other guys, then you probably have something to worry about. Other than that, you dont want to make yourself appear insecure and jealous. If its not something you can live with, then you two need to sit down and agree on boundaries that you are both comfortable with.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:14 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
How do you accidentally stumble across nude photos of GF and her ex, curious?

Exactly! People that swap Nude photos, in my book, are right up there in the same mind set as Molesters, and Perverts.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:27 AM

434 posts, read 3,177,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Why do you feel like she needs to clean the slate as far as FB goes? Are you concerned?
I was just asking a general question. I'm not concerned at all about her. Fairly new to dating after being married for over 20 years. Asked a friend of mine about this and they told me that your past is your past, you are building a future together. You should clean up your computer out of respect for them so that you are starting with a clean slate. I told my GF that I scrubbed my computer, but did not ask her to do anything. She then mentioned her friends had told her last year before we met to unfriend her ex from Facebook and get rid of any communications so that she can get a clean break from this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships