Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:37 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
By that reason, then it means younger women may have baggage, and may not have overcome the adversity they've faced, so the entire "baggage" idea is thrown out as a legitimate reason.

Next.
Nope. Don't tell me that when you were young you were less of a woman than an older one. Also, it doesn't mean that just because a woman is old she is better because she has experience in life. Age doesn't necessarily equal experience. A woman over 38 or over may be older than a girl in her 20s but the girl in her mid 20s has studied abroad, graduated and has a few years work experience, started to invest in her first property (a condo at least), etc. while the woman over 38 has a dead-end job, her bitterness about her age or whatever has prevented her from having experiences with the opposite sex, and so on. Difference in that scenario is that one is older and the younger one has more varied life experiences...and is in better shape and prettier most likely . Younger women in their 20s can have baggage too like Mikala43 shared about herself.

Last edited by onihC; 07-28-2015 at 12:47 PM..

Old 07-28-2015, 12:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We are more than our biological urges. If we weren't I would be a mass murderess.
Well, youre a mod, so its expected.
I think the actions we take are based on more than simple biological urges, because we have ability to use rational thinking, social expectations, possible outcomes to weigh in pros and cons. (sometimes). but at the very core, we are only animals and what we feel on an instinctual level, is not in our control. This is why attraction is not a decision, its instinctual and based in our biology and need to procreate, ensuring survival of species. If that werent the case, humans would cease to exist a long time ago.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:45 PM

321 posts, read 292,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Nope. Don't tell me that when you were young you were less of a woman than an older one. Also, it doesn't mean that just because a woman is old she is better because she has experience in life. Age doesn't necessarily equal experience. A woman over 38 or over may be older than a girl in her 20s but the girl in her mid 20s has studied abroad, graduated and has a few years work experience, started to invest in her first property (a condo at least), etc. while the woman over 38 has a dead-end job, her bitterness about her age or whatever has prevented her from having experiences with the opposite sex, and so on. Difference in that scenario is that one is older and the younger has more varied life experiences...and is in better shape and prettier most likely . Younger women in their 20s can have baggage too like Mikala43 shared about herself.

Nope, I wasn't less of a woman, because I'm a man.

But as a man, I absolutely was less of a man. I was, like almost all guys, a boy in my 20s. I had less relationship experience, less education, less professional experience, I was less well travelled and well read.

You're throwing out a nonsensical scenario. A woman with a good head on her shoulders is going to have more to offer at 38 than 22. Compare apples to apples.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:45 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of those experiences bringing people down. Its one thing to have gone through real life experiences. Its another to be permanently scarred by those experiences. Some people really haven't healed old wounds. Its like some really don't like the other gender. For example a woman can be sexually attracted to men, but not actually like men because of some bad experiences. Same goes for men. Those things show. And they are a major deterrent.
But age has nothing to do with someone being permanently scarred by bad experiences. One can be a teenager and have these types of emotional wounds. It doesn't take decades.

for example I know of two teenage boys who tried to kill themselves over girls in my small town of 2500. One succeeded, the other is scarred for life physically and emotionally.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:52 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But age has nothing to do with someone being permanently scarred by bad experiences. One can be a teenager and have these types of emotional wounds. It doesn't take decades.

for example I know of two teenage boys who tried to kill themselves over girls in my small town of 2500. One succeeded, the other is scarred for life physically and emotionally.
Of course that makes sense. But I'm thinking specifically of romantic relationships. And I'm thinking in general terms. There are exceptions to everything. But when it comes to relationships jadedness is probably more likely in someone older than younger.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Of course that makes sense. But I'm thinking specifically of romantic relationships. And I'm thinking in general terms. There are exceptions to everything. But when it comes to relationships jadedness is probably more likely in someone older than younger.
I don't know that it is more likely. I think it just depends on the individual and circumstance.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
But as a man, I absolutely was less of a man. I was, like almost all guys, a boy in my 20s. I had less relationship experience, less education, less professional experience, I was less well travelled and well read.

You're throwing out a nonsensical scenario. A woman with a good head on her shoulders is going to have more to offer at 38 than 22. Compare apples to apples.
Age doesn't guarantee a person will be mature or immature, with more or less life experiences. Doesn't mean all 20 year old girls are air heads either. We don't need to go too far to see there are many 35+ year old women/men around here and they don't necessarily act very mature, do they? Each individual and their circumstances vary from person to person, not necessarily because of their age.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
If you're ignored by men your age, it isn't your looks.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Age doesn't guarantee a person will be mature or immature, with more or less life experiences. Doesn't mean all 20 year old girls are air heads either. We don't need to go too far to see there are many 35+ year old women/men around here and they don't necessarily act very mature, do they? Each individual and their circumstances vary from person to person, not necessarily because of their age.
Most women my age (25 and younger) are air heads. They have no interests other than starbucks, chipotle, and country music. They're boring. Older women are more fun to be around in my experience.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Well thats the thing there are no absolutes, not all men choose and are accepted by much younger women, not all older people are mature and not all young people are airheads. Generally speaking many people are physically attracted to younger people and most older people are more mature and have greater life experiences than younger people. It just the nature of the beast and I think that has pretty much been established.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships