Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:09 PM

85 posts, read 473,154 times

Advertisements

I shadow this doctor and i have met this guy who works there ( no, guy is not doctor). We met 3 weeks ago and from day 1 i have huge crush on me. We didn't talk for first week or so but would say "hello"and would have lot of eye contact. Since then we have been talking and it seems like he is trying to get to know me by asking me question about my life and he has given me detail about his life. He has always try to impress me. We have been staring, smiling and having lot of eye contact when around people.

Fast forword to last week, i was asked to help him out. I don't know what happen but i got all excited and started talking to him nonstop while ignoring the fact that we were at work. At first it seemed like he liked answering my question but then at the one point he just lost it. In between all these, i have tried to escape situation but he kept holding me there by telling me he needs my help. When i was done helping and was about to leave he said " he can't get anything done".

He was definately blaming me for him being distracted??? I realized i totally annoyed this guy, i was so embarrased later. I decided to change shift to avoid seeing him again but with amount of work load this place has i ended up seeing him again. I realized that this guy was so pissed at me that he has done all work for so he doesn't have to deal with me. When i ask him if he needs any help he became all annoyed and rude.. I just left the whole situation..

Now all you will be telling me that this kind of behavior is not acceptable at work and i accept my mistake. But i felt like his behavior was out of line and not at all okay. All i did was talking to a guy i was interested in after i received some response from his end but again i know it wasn't right time. What do you guys think of his behavior?? I can't just leave this place and i have decided to switch day/shifts to avoid him. Is it good move to cool down situation?? I don't want him to think like i am like some crazy chick. Also, i feel like i destroyed my chances with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 08:16 PM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
You never had any chances. You behaved unprofessionally, disruptive and annoying. You have a crush on your coworker, and you lost control over your behavior.
I would suggest you change shifts, or better - start looking for another job. This, or you are looking for serious trouble at work.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You never had any chances. You behaved unprofessionally, disruptive and annoying. You have a crush on your coworker, and you lost control over your behavior.
I would suggest you change shifts, or better - start looking for another job. This, or you are looking for serious trouble at work.
I had chance if i didn't act that way. This isn't job technically, i work there for free in return i get training..
I think you took it bit more than what it is. This was one time incident, previously we have always talked during lunch breaks. I probably should have posted more detail interaction for that day. But anyways, thanks for your response.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:17 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
What did I just read? Honestly. This is why there are workplace policies against such things. Silly idea, come to work to do some work... Not to find a hookup. Honestly.

Last edited by SD4020; 07-24-2015 at 12:27 AM..

Old 07-24-2015, 02:39 AM

348 posts, read 372,122 times
You're supposed to be helping him and you kept talking a lot about stuff that is not work related. That is a distraction and that is your fault. His behavior is understandable. He has no idea you have a crush on him, let alone the fact that you two are not in any sort of relationship thus he has no standing or duty other than to be aggravated at having to work with you again.

Are you highly sensitive, an extreme introvert or perhaps don't have much/any experience with men? Something's up, as your lack of self-awareness and romantic feelings are trying to force you to transfer some of the blame to him. Whatever is going on you need to step back and get yourself to the point of accepting responsibility, and then learn from this experience. Many couples meet at work but it's gotta be done correctly.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:51 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
Just sounds like he was being friendly and getting to know who he would be spending some of his time with tbh...

Probably not a good idea to avoid work to keep hitting on someone who is trying to work.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:42 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
He's a doctor...not a ...grocery store clerk! There are implications from distracting him and you didn't care enough to even think about that...you gave it a shot and ticked him off. Now avoid him at all costs and find someone else to crush on in a little more mature way.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:43 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
you never had any chances. You behaved unprofessionally, disruptive and annoying. You have a crush on your coworker, and you lost control over your behavior.
^^^ this.... 100%

Old 07-24-2015, 05:51 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Gotta go with this. You messed up. You're not a bad person. But you did handle things immaturely and less than tactfully. So, if he did like you, you turned him off with your non-professionalism.

I would say try to avoid making small talk with him anymore and concentrate on your job. If you simply can't let it go, you could try apologizing to him for distracting him that time, and comment it won't happen again. At best however.

Otherwise, move on as best you can. You won't be the only one to either turn a crush off, or even have them not like you. It happened to be in school where I liked guys and did something that either turned them off, or they just never liked me in the 1st place and were blunt abut it. It happens. You handle it as best you can.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
He's a doctor...not a ...grocery store clerk! There are implications from distracting him and you didn't care enough to even think about that...you gave it a shot and ticked him off. Now avoid him at all costs and find someone else to crush on in a little more mature way.
He is not doctor , he is medical assistant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships