Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 09:06 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times

Advertisements

Bitter man syndrome only gets worse with age

Old 07-25-2015, 09:16 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
dude you're so delusional it's not even funny.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:59 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I think it's actually a lot harder when you are older. When women are young, they are just trying things out with men and will normally try things out with a wider variety. Once you get older though, women are starting to settle down and wanting a long term relationship. This is when it becomes even more tough because women want security, a man who's good with kids, has a good job, is supporting, loving, kind, etc. The list becomes a lot longer as women get older and realize what they want in men
And a s a gay man, I find this funny. So straight men do all of these things to satisfy another woman's long list of expectations. Call me non traditional. I would rather prioritize my own list, my own goals, my own dreams, rather than trying to live up to another person's potentially manipulative expectations.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:22 PM

348 posts, read 372,457 times
It can get easier for men as their market value keep increasing, all the way into the 40s; career, finances, confidence, status. One principal component is men have to keep it together physically, and most don't.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:32 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL9000 View Post
It can get easier for men as their market value keep increasing, all the way into the 40s; career, finances, confidence, status. One principal component is men have to keep it together physically, and most don't.
I don't agree with that. As a 36 year old woman newly exploring the realms of dating and such, I've got tons of options, a few of which have actual potential. I'm not seriously interested in men who are very much younger than me at all, a couple are my age, and a couple are older.

The one I am most head over heels for is 12 years older than me and not in great shape. He drew me in by speaking intelligently to me, and by taking a lot of my cues and applying them in physical ways.

First off, 26 is not "older." It's not even "getting older." 26, you are still a baby. You don't know your arse from your elbow and neither do most people (men, women) your age. When you get into your 30's you'll realize what an idiot you were in your 20s. And you'll still do dumb things that make you shake your head looking back on them when you get to your 40s. Life is about learning, and we shouldn't ever really stop.

I have seen time and again that the harder a person tries, to find someone, the worse the results. It's when you stop trying so hard and just go on with life that good things come to you. I know it seems counterintuitive....when you have a goal, you seek fulfillment of it...but when it comes to love, and even social stuff, really the best relationships come about when you just let them happen, not when you actively seek them. I think this is one reason that when your availability starts to diminish, the good connections start popping up all over the place...you're no longer looking. It comes to you.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
no, it's reality

a female co worker of mine with an okay face but weird voice and mediocre body gets hit on by everybody at our job. She's maybe a 6/10 on a good day. She gets hit on by customers all the time, including men much better than her,

Women have it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo easy in dating.

I really don't know pal

It absolutely boggles my mind that any male can succeed in dating. I think it's incredibly hard no matter what.
Man. We are so different. Gay guy saying hello here!
I just feel that we gay men are so different from you straight guys.

I don't find that many gay guys who are into dating. They say they are, then you find out that they are open to one night stand, or open relationships. I can't say that I'm open to relationships. I'm responding because I find it so interesting and it shows something about we men.

Straight men have to attract women even to just get laid. Attractive body. Demeanor. A nice job. A nice car. It's a long list. For a gay man to get laid, all he needs is intention.

Straight men also seem to want companionship a lot more than us gay men. I'm older than you and gay marriage is legal. But I and most of my gay friends don't see family and kids in our future. Often, we get laid and then hey I'll text you later. We may text or just lose interest. As men after sex we don't want anything related to it, until we want it again, and then we find someone. It's a cycle. But many of us seem perpetually single and loving it the way it is.

Do you think you are quite different as a straight man?

Old 07-25-2015, 10:47 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post

I don't find that many gay guys who are into dating. They say they are, then you find out that they are open to one night stand, or open relationships. I can't say that I'm open to relationships. I'm responding because I find it so interesting and it shows something about we men.

Straight men have to attract women even to just get laid. Attractive body. Demeanor. A nice job. A nice car. It's a long list. For a gay man to get laid, all he needs is intention.

Straight men also seem to want companionship a lot more than us gay men. I'm older than you and gay marriage is legal. But I and most of my gay friends don't see family and kids in our future. Often, we get laid and then hey I'll text you later. We may text or just lose interest. As men after sex we don't want anything related to it, until we want it again, and then we find someone. It's a cycle. But many of us seem perpetually single and loving it the way it is.

no i am more like you, except instead of only having sex with men, i will have sex with anyone i find attractive.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:53 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I have seen time and again that the harder a person tries, to find someone, the worse the results. It's when you stop trying so hard and just go on with life that good things come to you. I know it seems counterintuitive....when you have a goal, you seek fulfillment of it...but when it comes to love, and even social stuff, really the best relationships come about when you just let them happen, not when you actively seek them. I think this is one reason that when your availability starts to diminish, the good connections start popping up all over the place...you're no longer looking. It comes to you.
Off-topic, but this is pretty horrid advice and particularly bad for OP (who seems to not approach women as it is).

The fact is that men and women are not equal when it comes to dating. Women can sit around, literally do nothing, and have tons of guys come to them. If a man does that, then he will likely die alone. Men have to make things happen and actively look for a woman (and make the right moves when they find them) or they won't get one.

In my experience, when I take time off from dating, I don't date (or have any options). Simple as that. When I try again, I (not so) magically have options. Go figure.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:04 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post

Yes, very different, well at least the women are and we have to keep them happy or we won't get the cookie. lol

Old 07-25-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Off-topic, but this is pretty horrid advice and particularly bad for OP (who seems to not approach women as it is).

The fact is that men and women are not equal when it comes to dating. Women can sit around, literally do nothing, and have tons of guys come to them. If a man does that, then he will likely die alone. Men have to make things happen and actively look for a woman (and make the right moves when they find them) or they won't get one.

In my experience, when I take time off from dating, I don't date (or have any options). Simple as that. When I try again, I (not so) magically have options. Go figure.
I would say even women can't sit around. Middle aged women, with children, are not going to get guys to knock on their door. The same thing with so many women who are out of shape as early as their late 20s.

For us gay men, I would say our problem is that so many of us aren't even emotionally available. We get satisfaction easily from getting laid, which is easier than it is for straight guys. Man. We live in straight men's ultimate fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships