Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,541 times

Advertisements

What do single men & women over 50 want in a relationship & mate?

I will be 51 one in a few months. Female, fit, professional, single & financially capable. Just wondering. I've been single since my divorce in 2004 and it's been challenging and yet I've learned so much about myself, self worth and values in a relationship. Now, well, it seems that in my age range, it's quite different. Realizing everyone will have their own preferences for their own reasons, I'm not looking for definitive answers... but I would love hearing the opinions of men and women in my age range about what they too have learned and what they want in a relationship at this time in their lives. Hugs to all dating after 50...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 07:50 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,981 times
The 3 S's

Sex
Supper
Silence

Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
The 3 S's

Sex
Supper
Silence
LOL.

No doubt.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-28-2015, 08:46 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
The 3 S's

Sex
Supper
Silence

This is why I quit dating.....

Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,603,781 times
Hello Lovingover50, I'm in the same "club" as you, if there is such a thing.
Divorced for just over 2 years and put my big toe in the dating pool about 7 months ago.

I'd want the same thing as any 30 or 40 year old. Semi-commitment, but with plenty of 'me' time.
However, I'm finding most men our age are either looking for younger women or are thinking ahead to early retirement and want a nurse with a purse.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:11 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
However, I'm finding most men our age are either looking for younger women or are thinking ahead to early retirement and want a nurse with a purse.
...even MORE reasons why I quit dating....

Old 07-30-2015, 07:12 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,425 times
I am not dating for a good while. What I will be looking for when I am in an apartment that accepts them is a good dog to keep me company.

They're faithful and loyal, follow you around even when you are in a sad and depressed mood trying to let you know they are there for you. The jump up and greet you when they haven't seen you in a while and treat you like you are the most important person in their life. They never get tired of you. They spill food and they clean up after themselves.

A dog slobbers less on me when it shows me affection than some men I have been with. And the real bonus of owning a dog is that if it strays, I can get him neutered.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
They want the same things 50 year old females want...except they still want to have sex

Let's all just boil it down and make it sound good so we do not come off as jaded old grumps though.

They want a "companion"

Old 07-30-2015, 08:46 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
They want the same things 50 year old females want...except they still want to have sex

Let's all just boil it down and make it sound good so we do not come off as jaded old grumps though.

They want a "companion"
Granted, I have no experience with having sex with women over 50, but I think it's a bit of a myth that women suddenly become "unsexual" as they age. 50s is way before nursing home age... way before, and nursing homes are so sexually active that it's one of places you find STDs hugely on the rise.

I think the sexless woman concept comes from marriages that should have ended/the man and woman no longer love/want each other.

But I agree with the companion bit. I'm not 50 (so I can't really claim to know what men and women 50+ want), but it seems like no matter what the age, it all boils down to having a companion/lover to share life with.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,080 times
I somehow got lucky and met my new husband when I was 46. It is more of a challenge getting into a new relationship in middle age. Most anybody will have baggage, divorce, inflexibility ..mentally and physically.
But my only other option was to just stay alone. I divorced at age 41.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships