Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times

Advertisements

If alcohol was involved then things get said which are often not meant. I guess that is true sometimes when alcohol is not involved.
Not trying to defend him. That was a very hurtful thing to say. I sure spit out my share of "nasties" in arguments when I was hurt and disappointed.....as well as drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So this ...

...sounds like two people who just need to "work through" their disagreements??
Um, yes, from what little OP has posted.
Two people who don't know how to communicate, have different communication style, and are simply reacting to what was said on the surface.

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You both need couples counseling if you want your relationship to last ... in particular, you both need to learn how to "fight" fairly. Arguing can actually improve your relationship as long as you know how to do it correctly/fairly.

I am especially interested in knowing why anyone would WANT to improve a relationship with someone who would say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timer10 View Post

... "you make me so mad, I want to kill you."

Old 07-30-2015, 08:13 PM

720 posts, read 500,923 times
Quote:
I was being moody because I couldn't get over other things he's said to me in the past. Things like, "you make me so mad, I want to kill you." DURING an argument as well. And then one time I told him I really wanted to just die, and he said this (despite knowing I'm a spiritual individual): "hah, you think you're gonna die and easily go to heaven? Look at all your bad deeds before wishing for death." - this hurt me a lot because I take religion very seriously, and I would never comment on someone else's good deeds or sins especially if they were already feeling suicidal.

Maybe I wouldn't be so hurt at his comment if this was the first time he said something hurtful. His issue with me is that I'm passive-agressive often (which I AM after he says things to me like this)

When I'm mad at him though, I think the worst thing I said to him was that he's an idiot (because he lied to me about something I was extremely upset over) - I've never said things that I KNOW would make him hurt or cringe. I usually just shut-down when I'm mad - which I guess bothers him as he is 'very expressive.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6P6MOTWXkE

7 posts, read 9,058 times
Quote:

I am especially interested in knowing why anyone would WANT to improve a relationship with someone who would say:
I don't know.

He said the "kill you" comment was like a, "I love you so much, but you also drive me so crazy" type of thing after the argument was over.

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:

You take that literally?
I took it as an expression of the level of anger and frustration.
Maybe if he were normally violent or was waving a gun around would I take that literally.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
When he was done being angry, he said that 'obviously he doesn't think I'm the worst person ever, otherwise why would he be with me.' and so I believed that - which does make sense to a certain degree. But seriously, is it fair for people to say SUCH mean things out of anger that have the power to resonate in someone else's mind forever?
Relationships aren't "fair." Relationships are a choice. You are choosing to be with someone that says such mean things to you.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
I was being moody because I couldn't get over other things he's said to me in the past. Things like, "you make me so mad, I want to kill you." DURING an argument as well. And then one time I told him I really wanted to just die, and he said this (despite knowing I'm a spiritual individual): "hah, you think you're gonna die and easily go to heaven? Look at all your bad deeds before wishing for death." - this hurt me a lot because I take religion very seriously, and I would never comment on someone else's good deeds or sins especially if they were already feeling suicidal.

Maybe I wouldn't be so hurt at his comment if this was the first time he said something hurtful. His issue with me is that I'm passive-agressive often (which I AM after he says things to me like this)

When I'm mad at him though, I think the worst thing I said to him was that he's an idiot (because he lied to me about something I was extremely upset over) - I've never said things that I KNOW would make him hurt or cringe. I usually just shut-down when I'm mad - which I guess bothers him as he is 'very expressive.'
This sounds like an absolutely terrible relationship from all angles.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:27 PM

693 posts, read 705,365 times
Not judging, just not understanding why anyone, anywhere would put up with someone who talked to them like that.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You take that literally?
I took it as an expression of the level of anger and frustration.
Maybe if he were normally violent or was waving a gun around would I take that literally.
Hell yes, I take it literally. No guy I have ever been with has said anything remotely close to that.

How many free passes do YOU give someone??? What worse thing do they have to say beyond, "You're the worst person I've ever known. I want to kill you ..." for YOU to take it seriously??

They sound incredibly toxic together. Some people just bring out the worst in each other, and I see about a dozen flaming red flags here, the worst being the OP's indecision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships