Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:02 AM

7 posts, read 49,736 times

Advertisements

Call me old fashion, but it is my opinion that guys should be resposible for asking a girl to be exclusive. I know this doesn't have to hold true, but as a girl my thinking is that if a guy likes me he will ask me to be his girlfriend and if he doesn't like me than he won't. So I am wondering just how important that title is to guys. Is being a couple really all that important or is it okay as a guy to just leave it undefined? Because as a girl we want to know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 01:20 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
wth, a real man will let you know if he wants to be exclusive...if he doesn't he's a wuss and not worth your time.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:44 AM

31 posts, read 165,356 times
As a man, I would want something thats defined. But it seems like when the man asks the lady of this, they get all offended and start throwing out excuses as to why they should'nt be tied down.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:03 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times
Well, I think that I made it pretty clear to my woman early on how I felt about her. And a couple of years ago, in a cave we were visiting, she said to me: I'll never do anything to dis-honer our relationship. I said, nither will I! Of course, I think we might be a little older than the OP. But, YES, it is important to tell each other the truth about how you each feel!!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:23 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,443,330 times
While I agree with the OP, I am also older than dirt so must qualify my statement with this thought. If the guy doesn't ask for a exclusive relationship then the gal is free to date him and his friends till he either asks or gives up an leaves, and that is the downside of playing that game. reality is if you want him tell him. In todays age with how the young look at sex and relationships the commitment may be meaningless. A good guy will uphold the relationsship. One that cheats is not worth the time or effort.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
wth, a real man will let you know if he wants to be exclusive...if he doesn't he's a wuss and not worth your time.
Yeah, but lets be fair about this Met. I mean, look at the advantage YOU have in all this. Living on a barge with 40 men, All of them fighting over you, and one even jumping overboard to be rescued by you, and you only........................

I hope you don't mind my joking around with you.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavingMissKim View Post
Call me old fashion, but it is my opinion that guys should be resposible for asking a girl to be exclusive. I know this doesn't have to hold true, but as a girl my thinking is that if a guy likes me he will ask me to be his girlfriend and if he doesn't like me than he won't. So I am wondering just how important that title is to guys. Is being a couple really all that important or is it okay as a guy to just leave it undefined? Because as a girl we want to know...
But how old fashioned are you actually acting? And how soon into the dating are you wanting this commitment from a guy?

Imo, the modern courtship dance is all screwed up and couples are rushing to have sex way too soon. For me, the sex is a bonus, but not the main reason to be in a relationship. It's all about the feelings we have for each other and enjoying our time together doing non-sexual activities. And to me, not being exclusive would mean that I would be seeing several guys only as friends, but checking out them out as possible long term relationship material. And I would not be sleeping with any of them during this interviewing process. Once I found one guy that I liked a lot, then things would slowly develop into a physical relationship and I'd want to be exclusive before offering up the sex. And if he doesn't want to wait around for the sex, then I don't want him in my life. In addition, I would make it clear that if we are not exclusive at this point and he's poking other women at the same time that he wants to date me, then that's a deal breaker too. A lack of sex is not going to hurt him and there is always Miss Rosy Palms waiting for me. And there are many ways to keep a developing relationship more romantic in feel and not casual like a FWB relationship. One way is not getting drunk on every date.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
I don't mind at all Dennis. But I am curious about something.

[quote]in a cave we were visiting,[q/uote]

The thought of having carnal relations in a cave has always been on my list of things that wouldn't bore me too terribly badly. So did you have sex in the cave? Tell.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:05 AM

[quote=Metlakatla;2638355]I don't mind at all Dennis. But I am curious about something.

Quote:
in a cave we were visiting,[q/uote]

The thought of having carnal relations in a cave has always been on my list of things that wouldn't bore me too terribly badly. So did you have sex in the cave? Tell.

Unfortunatly, no we didn't! There were too many other people touring the same cave that day. Plus, it was pretty darn cold way back in there. Mr. Happy would have probably rebelled again'st me if I had of exposed him to that cold air! He might even have been "hard to find", if you know what I mean!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:12 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,463,360 times
meh, you will know when he introduces you as his gf. thats enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships