Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 05:16 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Probably deep seated mental issues to be overcome if a guy is still a virgin at 40!
Very possible, but not automatically true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Agreed. I would be more concerned with his lack of initiative in relationships and his religiosity as the excuse.
This could well be the case. I would wonder if he's a repressed homosexual or has some other issue. We don't have enough info to know for sure.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:25 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
The most sexually experienced women I was with was terrible in bed, and she never got better. Some of the less experienced ones started off good and got awesome...

There you go.
But we are talking about 40+ virgins, not 20+ virgins. The window to get better at 40+ is not as long as 20+. The odds of someone becoming a great lover that is a 40+ is significantly lower due to lack of experience.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Actually no. I was attracted to his sweet-natured personality. He knows that I like him & dropped hints by asking let's catch a bite of eat somewhere. His answer was no.
Ok, it sounds like you've got your answer, then.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Good question. He is an active member of large Church so its beyond me why he hasn't found anyone yet. What you mean by immature language? He oftens jokes about sex and boobs.
Not anything around whether or not he jokes about sex, but more about what is his sexual experience on the bases scale.

He doesn't have sex. Does he hold hands, hug, kiss, kiss with tongue, heavy petting...etc!
One of my friends waited till marriage and married in her 30s. Her husband also waited, so they married as virgins. They were physically intimate, but stopped before intercourse, before they got married. And didn't let things escalate into 3rd base. They both had honest discussions with friends/family/doctors to figure out what they were comfortable with, and now they have a satisfying sex life and a kid!

Quote:
No idea. That talk hasn't been brought up. He's highly religious believing sex before marriage is a sin.

He only has been in 2 short term relationships that led to nowhere.

I don't really get the whole "waiting until marriage" part either. It would be better to see if both is sexually compatible before marriage than after.
I'd like to drill deeper into this. I have met people who not only believe sex before marriage is a sin, but physical contact is off limits too. So that means no hugs, no hand holding and no kissing! Yuck! That is way too conservative. If he means, hey anything besides intercourse is fair game it is entirely different than no physical contact at all.

It sounds like you aren't quite on the same plane for relationship maturity/expectations.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:41 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Most don't. You're statistic of 1-3% is incorrect and should between 7-10%. The reason the numbers are low is most 40+ virgins don't go around announcing it to the world. They simply keep it to themselves.
In 2009 when George Sodini walked into a gym and shoot 8 women and killed 3, they later went to his blog and myspace page, they found detailed accounts of his life, it turned out he had not had a girlfriend since 1986, and had not had sex since 1991. he had trouble attracting women, and was socially awkward but most people who knew him liked him. He tried everything he could to find a mate, bought books, used dating sites, speed dating etc etc... with all that effort he was 48 and even he managed to have sex twice before he turned 40. sad that loneliness caused him to snap like that.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:59 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
In 2009 when George Sodini walked into a gym and shoot 8 women and killed 3, they later went to his blog and myspace page, they found detailed accounts of his life, it turned out he had not had a girlfriend since 1986, and had not had sex since 1991. he had trouble attracting women, and was socially awkward but most people who knew him liked him. He tried everything he could to find a mate, bought books, used dating sites, speed dating etc etc... with all that effort he was 48 and even he managed to have sex twice before he turned 40. sad that loneliness caused him to snap like that.
Loneliness heaped upon serious mental illness.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:26 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
You guys are missing a very important point. It takes several years for a man to reach a point where he can control his ejaculation long enough to fully please a woman.

I had sex first when I was 16 and it took a lot of practice to get to a point where you can go 20-30 minutes without ejaculating.

Most women will not put up with a guy who has the sexual maturity of a teenager at age 40. He will disappoint you for years before he gets there.

To me the man the OP describes would have such a huge gap in life experience. Definitely the sexual you mention above, plus he has had no long term relationships.

I would feel like I was dating a kid in 40 year old body.

That would not be attractive to me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2015, 06:27 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
But we are talking about 40+ virgins, not 20+ virgins. The window to get better at 40+ is not as long as 20+. The odds of someone becoming a great lover that is a 40+ is significantly lower due to lack of experience.
It doesn't take much time to "get better". Virgins are very eager learners. But a lot depends on their character, just like with non-virgins; are they considerate, kind, thoughtful? Or narcissistic? Guess which option would make a lousy lover, even with 20 years of opportunity to "get better"?

Old 09-03-2015, 06:28 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Loneliness heaped upon serious mental illness.
from looking at his videos the only mental illness that was obvious was being a neatfreak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships