Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 04:23 PM

583 posts, read 712,601 times

Advertisements

I know there are reasons why we fall out of love with someone we are with. What is your experience in terms of falling out of love. What are the first things you do in the beginning stages? What was the final thing you did before you left the relationship (if you did). I know everyone goes about falling out of love differently. This inquiring mind wants to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 04:29 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,488,043 times
When she quits doing her womanly duties and she gets complacent in the relationship is when interest wanes for me.

Old 09-06-2015, 04:32 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
I cant say I was ever actually in love, but hovering close to it.

The reason I never let it go completely>>>I didn't trust him.

Right now as I type this, I found out last night I was 100% correct not to trust him, as one of his skanks introduced herself to me.

So I'm quite angry with him actually, and pretty close to loathing him.

Yerp fellas - nothing will ruin your relationship with the Woman of your Dreams, quite like skanking about behind her back.

Idiot.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,769 times
Finding other things to do on 'your' night. Being pickier about discussions; alternately, letting some things go, because they don't matter. Thinking about other things while she's telling stories. Being told I feel like I am acting just like your last partner. A lack of passion. Recalling you had this conversation several times before, and it doesn't end any better now that it has been resurrected. Not seeing or feeling the 'spark' any longer. Going through an extended dry spell of disconnection.

A book titled "Uncoupling" by Diane Vaughan is really helpful in identifying the process, which can be separate for different folk. It is still relevant, though it was written about 25 years ago. See link: http://www.amazon.com/Uncoupling-Tur.../dp/0679730028

Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,141 times
The electricity/spark/chemistry whatever you wish to call it falls and dissapears and then there's no height of love for them anymore,just scraps.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:09 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
We failed to make "us" a priority in our lives. We stopped talking and communicating. Intimacy waned significantly. I noticed the problems well before my wife and I couldn't engage her to seriously acknowledge what was happening. I got depressed and withdrew from the relationship.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:51 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
When she quits doing her womanly duties and she gets complacent in the relationship is when interest wanes for me.
There is no such thing as "womanly duties." Both partners are responsible to each other.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
"womanly duties"? Excuse me, I am confused...do you mean cookin' you up some grub, scrubbin' the floors or doing her duties in the bedroom?

Old 09-08-2015, 07:13 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,405 times
The times I've fallen out of love, in retrospect, it's because I wasn't really in love to being with. The ones I really loved, I still have some feelings for them--even after a breakup. It never seems to really die 100%.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:09 AM

277 posts, read 271,344 times
It starts with spending less time with each other because it feels pretty good, if not better, doing your own thing than doing things together. One partner may start playing solitary video games; the other prefers to be out with friends or watch a TV show by themselves, and this scenario happens increasingly frequent, where you no longer eat together and your conversations don't go to a deeper level - they are more about mundane stuff.

It includes not being intimate/not having sex for increasingly longer periods. Lack of physical eroticism is a HUGE gap, that you can ignore for a while, but you cannot cover with anything.

It includes looking at your partner and realizing that what attracted you to them in the first place is not longer there: they don't try to look good or be interesting for you; they are focused on their own stuff rather than "us" (the couple), they act like a friend, not a lover; you don't feel wanted/admired/cherished. It is painful to admit this part, because you have to face your own shallowness & selfishness. It's disappointing to realize that yes, looks and physical appearance do matter (you want at least someone who's TRYING, because that's a sign they actually care about you) and that yes, you need to feel wanted in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships