Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:28 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
The same way they know lifting weights will increase muscle bulk.

Its a physiological fact.

Anyway I said, Ask a PT eh! so ask one!
Personal Trainers are trying to make money. Of course theyll tell you everything is wrong with any extra weight and that thin people have no problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 08:33 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Current thread about a guy being told to get in shape after sex(no mention of ED) and a few fat shaming threads has me curious if being significantly overweight leads to ED for most men.

Ladies, in your experience is this true? Or it happens to all types, skinny, young, fit, etc?

IMO I always thought that incentive alone if it's true for the majority should be reason enough to be at least an average weight for men.
Well I have never dated any overweight men, but I definitely have encountered men with ED. All were a healthy weight, though not all were what I would call "fit". Although one was extremely fit, and he was actually the worst case.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Personal Trainers are trying to make money. Of course theyll tell you everything is wrong with any extra weight and that thin people have no problems.
Its got nothing to do with thinness and everything to do with fitness (assuming the psychological state is ok, the usual cause of ED for most).

If your groin is muscular, more blood pumps through it = better erections
more muscle also means a man can hold back an orgasm for longer, for the same reasons, and working out the groin also strengthens the hair trigger.

Ive never ever seen a PT use this as a way to hook a fat customer - but rather, the customer is already working out and notices a change, which he mentions - "dya know, I seem to be able to last a bit longer in bed" when the trainer then says "yes indeed and heres why so work harder!"

Its actually almost a secret, oddly enough. I've seen it mentioned on Biggest Loser a couple of times though.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:52 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,356 times
Someone obese is at a higher risk for erectile dysfunction, which if you have it could be a sign of something more serious like high blood pressure. High blood pressure is common in obese people, and if your vessels are constricting more than they should be then it's not as easy for blood to be shunted down to the penis. The vessels need to be dilated for that to happen. Of course, this also goes for someone of normal weight with a high BP.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,833,364 times
I dunno, my boyfriend is a big guy and he seems to have no problem.

Also RE: for ever 10lbs you lose an inch of penis? I would hate to see what I was dealing with if he lost another 60 lbs...

Old 09-10-2015, 09:51 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,320 times
Quote:
Any gym trainer will tell you that the fitter a guy is, the longer he lasts.

Its all about the groin muscles.

Overweight men don't suffer erectile dysfunction as such, but with every extra 10lb a guy carries his penis is shortened.

A really fat guy can barely find his penis.
....Right before he invites you over to his place for a protein shake. Any (most) trainer(s) will also tell you whatever you need to hear to keep himself employed and if you are good looking get you interested.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:02 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
....Right before he invites you over to his place for a protein shake. Any (most) trainer(s) will also tell you whatever you need to hear to keep himself employed and if you are good looking get you interested.
Yeah... I agree... I think I'd rather deal with used car salemen than those *******s at the gym... good lord... they're both some swarmy asshats, just wondering which is worse....

Old 09-11-2015, 05:54 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,383 times
It's not only about ED. Obese people, both male and female, tend to also experience decreased sex drives in general. In other words, even the spirit isn't willing. This happens due to physical as well as psychological factors.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,901 times
Quote:
Getting it up, and keeping it up ...

Fit men last longer.

Its a fact.

Ask any personal trainer, they'll tell you. They often use it as a spur for training their male clients.
and...for this reason...should be taken with a grain of salt
blood flow is important...if one is obese this is compromised...so that could be a problem
not to mention as already stated really fat guys lose a lot of their junk behind the flab...lose 40 lbs and holy crap its bigger...no, there is just less flab behind it

Old 09-11-2015, 08:43 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,765 times
Overweight and obese people have a higher risk of anything related to the heart and its functions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships