Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:36 PM

419 posts, read 1,238,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Also, did you miss the memo about "retarded"?
Did you miss the memo about having free speech in America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 11:43 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
well, apparently a lot of women I meet are using it these days because people who are using other apps are also using Tinder. That is what I am saying... why are these people even on Tinder? I can tell you that all of these women are normal, they are not some sluts. They are using OKC, match.com, eHarmony and then Tinder.
I have met many people on OKC just looking for sex even if his profile says he's looking for a relationship. In the same way, people have also had success using Tinder for relationships. Yes, it happens less than OKC, but it's like saying you can't meet someone at a bar and get mad if they just want sex. Most people meet at bars to hookup, but relationships can also come out of it. If someone treats you the way you don't like to be treated (like a sex object), then of course, you should get angry. And how do you know those women haven't exhausted their other options before trying Tinder?

Old 09-17-2015, 06:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
Did you miss the memo about having free speech in America?
Is that the one where you're free to say whatever you want without anyone being free to tell you it's offensive?

Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There is one dude here that posts all the time and I wonder if he's got stock in Tinder because he's always always spouting off about what a legit site it is for dating....

It was created for gay dudes to hook up, then it morphed over to the hetro set.....

Not sure what so complicated about this....

People rag on the bar scene not being a good place to meet spouses, I would think Tinder would be way way worse.......

Tinder wasn't created for gay men, that is Grindr, but perhaps that is what you meant?

Anyway, lots of people meet spouses in bards (probably 40% of the weddings I've been to in the past 5 years started that way), and lots of people use tinder for dating now. It is, what it is.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:36 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
I never bought into the hype that Tinder was a hook up app. Just because a bunch of men say it is doesn't mean it is. The site has never advertised itself as such, just as a site to meet people. I have been on Tinder before, and I have seen many profiles on there, and I can't remember one that gave the impression she was looking for a hook up. You can get a hook up anywhere, just not off of an app or the internet. Heck, I'm sure some people have hooked up off this site, does that mean City data is a hook up message board?? This is an example of why many guys get so frustrated, because they believe there is this magic application, magic website and magic place to meet women who just want to hookup. And Tinder isn't it. It's no different than any dating site, in that you have to put in some effort to meet these women.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
well, the whole world knows Tinder is a hookup app, I don't use it as I am not current single but I have heard in the past from women and even today someone complained that she used Tinder and all of those guys are creepy and only looking to hookup... well, DUH???

Using a hookup app to find a relationship and then being upset that all you find is men wanting to hookup is downright retarded...
It's not a hookup app to me. It's an app to meet people just like any other app.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:08 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I thought women used Tinder it to get free pizza.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:08 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
I've never used Tinder but when I google it it says it's a "dating app." So I don't think it's unreasonable for someone using it to think it is what it says it is. Especially if they are new at using it.

Besides, if I've learned anything from this forum it's that dating sites (and I suppose apps) and their "uses" are pretty geographic. For example, lots of people here swear by OKC as a good, free dating site and Match is full or weirdos... but in my area, OKC was full of people in unconventional relationships and people with fetishes while Match is more of a vanilla dating site for us traditional-minded folks.

Another poster in this very thread said eHarmony is the "marriage" dating site, in my area, it's not... it's more of a religious dating site for right-wing conservatives (they may get married I suppose, but a more secular person looking for someone in my area wouldn't use it, they'd probably use Match).

I think age plays into it too. Again, around here, it's mainly people in their 30s-50s using Match. I have no idea were the younger crowd is (maybe using Tinder, who knows).

Old 09-17-2015, 07:45 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Grey View Post
They are either stupid or they are using Tinder to get laid but just aren't telling you.

OKC and Match are for dates when there is nothing else to do.

eHarmony is for spouse-shopping.

There is no law that you can only use one app at a time, just like there is no law that you have to have the same intentions for every person you meet. There is Mr. Right, and there is Mr. Right Now, no different than men and their madonna-whores complex.
I never used Tinder, but believe me, I ran into just as many women trying to hookup discreetly on Match and E-Harmony. I was shocked actually at the number of women who admitted to still being married or actually said "how would you feel about a FWB relationship?" because I don't want anything serious. That used to tick me off because my profile said looking for a SERIOUS relationship.

I actually "dumbed down" my profile and got much better results.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:25 PM

419 posts, read 1,238,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Is that the one where you're free to say whatever you want without anyone being free to tell you it's offensive?
It was the one that says you can say whatever you want to say whenever you want to say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships