Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:24 PM

220 posts, read 174,626 times

Advertisements

In my personal experience I think that men usually have romance on their minds. It's hard for any straight man to have a ton of friends who are girls and not **** to hook up with/date any of them.

Sure a few friends is pretty common but we like what we like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 01:09 AM

138 posts, read 92,240 times
Men subconsciously are looking for someone to "find" them when they don't wake up as well.

We don't want a family member or a friend to discover us a week, month, year later when they decide to drop by.

Not only find us, but see to it our affairs are handled properly.

People whom you are "acquaintances" with might just walk in and start helping themselves to your stuff. Sound bad, but in this day in age people are rotten to the core.

Keep the bank and stock brokers from running off with our UNCLAIMED money, bonds etc...

Keep developers from acquiring the land and leveling to be another unneeded subdivision.

Keep landlords from turning it into a rental property to p*ss off the neighbors too!

The list goes on and on.

You watch my back and make sure I wake up. I'll do the same for you.

Should something happen where you are taken, it will be handled with the utmost care, trust and love.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Do you all think this statement is true: Men look for romance and women look for friends in relationships?

I was talking to some friends and of course the topic of relationships came up and one of the guys made a pretty interesting statement. He said the issue is that men go into dating intending to have romance but women approach dating with friend intentions, which is why a lot of dating issues occur. He said men don't treat women like friends unless they are friends that he has no romantic interest in, where as women look for a friend in the men she wants a relationship with.

This is why the friend zone came into existence because it became clear that if someone views you as a friend precisely men, it means he has absolutely no interest in a romantic relationship with you. However women still are not learning that important concept. Women listen to men go on and on about a woman he has feelings for, she gives him advice and lends her shoulder to cry on when things get tough, etc. yet the woman never understands why he's not romantically interested in her. To the woman she is the perfect girl for him because she is viewing this "friendship" as how a romantic relationship should be but that is not how men think.

A man is not going to approach a woman with a friendship approach that he has romantic interest in but the woman will think that because the man treats her like a friend, that he must have some romantic interest in her. Could he want to sleep with her? Sure but sex doesn't equal relationship interest, it just means he's physically attracted to her. Which is why the FWB label came about from men, he views her as a friend but has found a way to actually gain something out of it that actually makes the friendship more beneficial to him. Notice most women hate the FWB label because it's pretty obvious that the advantage of this arrangement is not intended to benefit the woman but the man. If the man had legit romantic interest in the woman, he would make her his girlfriend and not a FWB.

However since women tend to approach dating from a friendship standpoint, they easily get suckered into the FWB arrangement not understanding that the premise of this arrangement is not conducive to her wants and needs and she won't ever get the romantic relationship she desires from him. Why? Because men don't view women as "friends" when it comes to dating. You're either someone he wants to have sex with only or someone he wants a relationship with. Women think being friends is the first step in getting to a relationship with a man when in reality the minute you become his "friend" is the minute he no longer has a relationship interest in you.

Thoughts?
I think the bolded doesn't pertain to me at all.
I don't see men as friends, either IRL.....
I'm a loner, & very selective about who I actually spend my time with.
If I do suddenly tell a guy we're just friends, there's a good reason for it......
That's the fade away line

Old 09-25-2015, 11:00 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
I think all of this is overthinking things.

When both people are lovers as well as friends, then they have a "romantic relationship." You can't be in a romantic relationship without a degree of friendship as well as romance.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:28 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
men look for...ROMANCE??

huh??

who told you that big fat lie???

lol...men look for sex,,,period...if and when they meet someone they connect with on more than just sex, they will entertain the idea of a relationship...

but very few men...generally speaking...are out there looking for a relationship...

and as far as romance goes, as of the September 2015 census....there are only 37 guys in America looking for romance...ALL of them are gay.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:19 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
men look for...ROMANCE??

huh??

who told you that big fat lie???

lol...men look for sex,,,period...if and when they meet someone they connect with on more than just sex, they will entertain the idea of a relationship...

but very few men...generally speaking...are out there looking for a relationship...

and as far as romance goes, as of the September 2015 census....there are only 37 guys in America looking for romance...ALL of them are gay.
And those few post and whine here about it! lol... couldn't resist, but you have to admit this forum is awash with men looking for girlfriends and such.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:27 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
And those few post and whine here about it! lol... couldn't resist, but you have to admit this forum is awash with men looking for girlfriends and such.

I dunno, most guys I know would like a real connection. That was true in my 20s and its true in my 40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships