Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:46 PM

678 posts, read 876,137 times

Advertisements

I haven't gotten laid in about 7 months, ever since I moved to a new city. Maybe because I was in college before and lived in a town where 3 awesome nightclubs were within walking distance from each other, which made it easier ALSO because the majority of people were college age and lived 5-10 miles from the clubs.

7 months to a year ago, I would literally show up at a club alone most times and at least 1 girl would approach me and I would get the same-night smash. Either that, or I approached 10 and got 1. I did this every weekend and gotten at least one smash a month.

Ever since I moved, I've been going out every weekend, doing the same thing, and haven't received anything. I've been here a few months, but man. Maybe it's the people here? I look no different from before, so I don't think my appearance has changed. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Just quick info on me for reference.
22 years old soon.
5 foot 9/ 150 lbs Slim build
Asian male
Oh by the way I live in downtown Seattle now. Before I lived in a small college town in California.

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2015, 04:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
El Niño?

Old 09-29-2015, 04:57 PM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
I

7 months to a year ago, I would literally show up at a club alone most times and at least 1 girl would approach me and I would get the same-night smash. Either that, or I approached 10 and got 1. I did this every weekend and gotten at least one smash a month.
Obviously, Seattle women don't like to get smashed....

You are not in college anymore.
Ditch the girl and the smash talk.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
El Niño?
Maybe?

Old 09-29-2015, 05:17 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,004,356 times
Quote:
I haven't gotten laid in about 7 months, ever since I moved to a new city. Maybe because I was in college before and lived in a town where 3 awesome nightclubs were within walking distance from each other, which made it easier ALSO because the majority of people were college age and lived 5-10 miles from the clubs.

Ever since I moved, I've been going out every weekend, doing the same thing, and haven't received anything. I've been here a few months, but man. Maybe it's the people here? I look no different from before, so I don't think my appearance has changed. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Just quick info on me for reference.
22 years old soon.
5 foot 9/ 150 lbs Slim build
Asian male
Oh by the way I live in downtown Seattle now. Before I lived in a small college town in California.

Thanks!
Sorry, but ew. Yuck. Night club hookups are just not OK. Maybe the women where you are now know that. Try the internet instead. It's so much easier.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,024 times
chicks in seattle are probably not as loose as the ones in cali. but yeah, definitely go more aggressive. the rapey vibe from a 5'9'' asian dude will be your ace in the hole(no pun intended).

Old 09-29-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
chicks in seattle are probably not as loose as the ones in cali. but yeah, definitely go more aggressive. the rapey vibe from a 5'9'' asian dude will be your ace in the hole(no pun intended).
Ok gotcha

Old 09-30-2015, 06:18 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,801,762 times
What a hilarious post. I’m 20 yrs out of college so forgive me for growing up – this post is too funny. I particularly like the nonsensical smashing statistics and of course like all the others, the OP using the phrase of “same-night smash” is just fantastic.

Once people mature, they look for more substance in a relationship and women mature faster than men. You’re only 22 so it’s perfectly understandable where your “head” is at but women are in a different place than you are. My experience was that in college, girls are more ok with the one-night smash – it’s part of the college experience. Once they are out of school, they’re done with that and especially after they experience the world a bit and see that there are actually real men out there who are into more than things like smashing and those men are (shockingly!) more appealing. This is especially so with intelligent/focused/determined women. And I suspect that this is more the population of women in a place like Seattle, where the populace is generally educated and driven. Let me be clear, it’s not that these women don’t enjoy smashing and some are into a superficial smash now and then, it’s that it’s more rare and most are more into men they can engage with on a level that has more than grunting.

Here’s the dirty and surprising secret OP...the smashing is usually better with that type of woman. She’s more confident and that really makes a big difference. And the type of relationship that has more substance doesn’t need to be on a marriage track. However, it does sounds like it’s time for you to start working on your maturity, wit, charisma, and charm because better women are harder to smash. See? Without these types of women, we’d all be a bunch of smelly, overweight, frat type losers in our mid 40’s. Women straighten us out. Don’t fight it, go with it. It’ll make you into a better person, and you’ll get some smash along the way.

Best of luck

Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
What a hilarious post. I’m 20 yrs out of college so forgive me for growing up – this post is too funny. I particularly like the nonsensical smashing statistics and of course like all the others, the OP using the phrase of “same-night smash” is just fantastic.

Once people mature, they look for more substance in a relationship and women mature faster than men. You’re only 22 so it’s perfectly understandable where your “head” is at but women are in a different place than you are. My experience was that in college, girls are more ok with the one-night smash – it’s part of the college experience. Once they are out of school, they’re done with that and especially after they experience the world a bit and see that there are actually real men out there who are into more than things like smashing and those men are (shockingly!) more appealing. This is especially so with intelligent/focused/determined women. And I suspect that this is more the population of women in a place like Seattle, where the populace is generally educated and driven. Let me be clear, it’s not that these women don’t enjoy smashing and some are into a superficial smash now and then, it’s that it’s more rare and most are more into men they can engage with on a level that has more than grunting.

Here’s the dirty and surprising secret OP...the smashing is usually better with that type of woman. She’s more confident and that really makes a big difference. And the type of relationship that has more substance doesn’t need to be on a marriage track. However, it does sounds like it’s time for you to start working on your maturity, wit, charisma, and charm because better women are harder to smash. See? Without these types of women, we’d all be a bunch of smelly, overweight, frat type losers in our mid 40’s. Women straighten us out. Don’t fight it, go with it. It’ll make you into a better person, and you’ll get some smash along the way.

Best of luck
Wait I'm looking back at my original post and realized that I forgot to mention the age group of these girls..

It seems like you think they are 30 or something, because any male or female after college is automatically super mature? In this generation? They are 22-24 years old... If they are so mature, why are they going out dressing the way they do, being **** drunk, smoking cigarettes, and cursing every second. Because they are ready to experience the world and settle down with more serious men? Are you joking? Some of these girls (as well as guys) are in their mid 20s and never went to college... Actually not some, many of them.

The idea that you think post-college age females are so mature that they don't engage in "one-night stands" is laughable. That might have been the case 20-30 years ago, but now, people don't even grow up until they are 35. And even that is too young...

Old 09-30-2015, 09:07 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Wait I'm looking back at my original post and realized that I forgot to mention the age group of these girls..

It seems like you think they are 30 or something, because any male or female after college is automatically super mature? In this generation? They are 22-24 years old... If they are so mature, why are they going out dressing the way they do, being **** drunk, smoking cigarettes, and cursing every second. Because they are ready to experience the world and settle down with more serious men? Are you joking? Some of these girls (as well as guys) are in their mid 20s and never went to college... Actually not some, many of them.

The idea that you think post-college age females are so mature that they don't engage in "one-night stands" is laughable. That might have been the case 20-30 years ago, but now, people don't even grow up until they are 35. And even that is too young...
LOL!

Now I see why you are having trouble with the ladies....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships