Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 656 times

Advertisements

Okay this is my first time blogging and I am in need of some major help!
I am dating a single dad and he has a teenage daughter that had learned jealousy at a very young age..... Now my question is how do I deal with this, I myself do not understand it at all. I have never had a jealous bone in my body and I don't understand this at all. I do understand that his daughter comes first cause I know that my daughter comes first, but she has gone to the point where she try's everything in her power to do anything to break us up. It has gotten to the point where I moved out, so is there any advice that I can get PLEASE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 06:19 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
It is very much his issue to deal with. It's his daughter so he needs to be the one to reign her in or correct behavior. I trust you have approached him about the way his daughter treats you?

Old 10-04-2015, 06:30 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
I have been in this same situation years ago! My advice to you would be to try to get a relationship going with her. Example, take her out to lunch, or plan something for just the two of you to do. Let her know that you are not a threat to take her Daddy away.
When this happened to me, I was 22, she was 15! It was an "ugly" situation for about 8 years, but we made it through it! Somehow. Its hard for the Dad to be stuck in the middle. How old is his daughter?

As of today, her and I have a beautiful relationship, but we both needed to grow up and mature before we could make things right.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:46 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Moving in where there's a jealous teenager was a good idea? Why?

If you want to keep dating this guy (and you know, you don't have to), then let him deal with her. How old is she? How old are you and he?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:10 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy0624 View Post
I am dating a single dad and he has a teenage daughter that had learned jealousy at a very young age..... Now my question is how do I deal with this, I myself do not understand it at all. I have never had a jealous bone in my body and I don't understand this at all. I do understand that his daughter comes first cause I know that my daughter comes first, but she has gone to the point where she try's everything in her power to do anything to break us up. It has gotten to the point where I moved out, so is there any advice that I can get PLEASE!
Dating = Not Married = Not A Step-parent = Discuss your concerns with her father, and see if he can resolve her problem.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Sounds like you have very negative feelings about this young girl. She is a child. Stop analyzing her and feeling threatened and try something else--beginning with giving her space.

I suspect you moved in for financial reasons. Otherwise what's the point if he is just someone you are dating?

Old 10-04-2015, 01:19 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
Quote:
You can't do anything about it at all. Are you just dating this guy or are you living with him? How old is the daughter? Does she live with him? How is her jealousy manifested in her behavior? How does she treat you? Where does the daughter live?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
The you and her dad are the problem, not the daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships