Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:50 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,703,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
You sound fine to me. Totally normal college kid stuff... Just keep focus on yourself & your studies. Stay in school & don't let these dudes catch you up!
Normal college kids don't need to take drugs to think it helps them make grades.

Do college kids do drugs? Sure....but it's not how one makes normally grades. If a student can't hack it with our illegal drugs....they don't need to be in that program because it's over your ability and maturity level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 PM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Normal college kids don't need to take drugs to think it helps them make grades.

Do college kids do drugs? Sure....but it's not how one makes normally grades. If a student can't hack it with our illegal drugs....they don't need to be in that program because it's over your ability and maturity level.
Welcome to the new normal. You're late, but welcome none the less!

Old 10-05-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Welcome to the new normal. You're late, but welcome none the less!
Study drugs are nothing new....I saw some of my peers crash and burn with them in the 80s. Adderall is just the latest.

I've seen a few of my daughter's fellow students (she just started her junior year at college) do the same.....they've been busted, put on academic probation, had class credits taken away and one boy just dropped out to start dealing....only he didn't tell his parents. When he got busted....he killed himself because he thought he had just messed things up a degree they couldn't ever be fixed.

None of those people ever thought when they started it would be a problem. Quite the opposite...they were positive it would not hapoen to them....they were just all that and a bag of chips and not like the stupid junkies.

It's not the new normal... .so quit trying to say it is. It's the same crutch and justification it's always been.

If you can't handle the academics and schedule without drugs...then you can't handle it. It's not the new normal.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:44 PM

61 posts, read 56,339 times
Quote:
Study drugs are nothing new....I saw some of my peers crash and burn with them in the 80s. Adderall is just the latest.

I've seen a few of my daughter's fellow students (she just started her junior year at college) do the same.....they've been busted, put on academic probation, had class credits taken away and one boy just dropped out to start dealing....only he didn't tell his parents. When he got busted....he killed himself because he thought he had just messed things up a degree they couldn't ever be fixed.

None of those people ever thought when they started it would be a problem. Quite the opposite...they were positive it would not hapoen to them....they were just all that and a bag of chips and not like the stupid junkies.

It's not the new normal... .so quit trying to say it is. It's the same crutch and justification it's always been.

If you can't handle the academics and schedule without drugs...then you can't handle it. It's not the new normal.
I don't know what planet you or these students live on but you have to be a real special kind of moron for this scenario to occur. In fact, I've never heard of such a perposterous situation in my life and part of me thinks you're lying to prove a point.

You would quite literally have to run around your college campus with a shirt that says "I'm an idiot" while holding a sign that says "I TAKE ADDERALL THAT IS NOT PRESCRIBED TO ME" for this to happen and I think even if you DID, you would either get arrested on a public disturbance violation or fined instead of in trouble for actually taking someone else's adderall.

The fact of the matter is, taking 3-4 of these pills a month says absolutely NOTHING about my or anyone else's ability to successfully complete a semester of college courses. If you went to college at some point, you would understand what I'm saying. There is SO much that goes into a semester of college and sitting in the library for 5 hours a day on adderall does literally nothing except exactly what I've been saying in this entire thread: help you stay focused for the time being. That is it. The end. Nothing more or less than that.

Yes it is the new normal. Welcome to being a college student in 2015. Are you going to tell me that if I smoke weed on Saturdays I'm going to start doing meth eventually too? Do you know someone that smoked weed in college, become addicted to crack cocaine the next month and then got kicked out because he opened his crack den business in his dorm with a big neon sign that said "HEY EVERYONE, I MAKE CRACK!"

I just ... can't help but troll because of the absurdity.

Last edited by kristamarie; 10-05-2015 at 09:17 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Wait untilll you crash and burn...with your ego and lack of self reflection...it will happen. You think you have the invisibility of youth. Start using your actual brain or you are going to learn a few lessons the hard way. But then you know it all.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Wait untilll you crash and burn...with your ego and lack of self reflection...it will happen. You think you have the invisibility of youth. Start using your actual brain or you are going to learn a few lessons the hard way. But then you know it all.
I don't mean to be snarky but I think your advice is better directed at someone that has absolutely no self control and a naturally addictive personality, neither of which I have.

If you actually get in trouble with the law by doing something like what I'm doing you probably shouldn't even be in college and most likely paid a friend to attend high school for you because it just doesn't happen unless you're basically confessing to it.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:19 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post
I don't mean to be snarky but I think your advice is better directed at someone that has absolutely no self control and a naturally addictive personality, neither of which I have.

If you actually get in trouble with the law by doing something like what I'm doing you probably shouldn't even be in college and most likely paid a friend to attend high school for you because it just doesn't happen unless you're basically confessing to it.
Auh...you're young, so none of the advise given here really means anything to you.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Auh...you're young, so none of the advise given here really means anything to you.
No I appreciate the logical advice given to me. Yes I'm young, but I'm also in my last year of undergrad at my University. I know a lot of the people, professors, the general scene, what goes on, what is acceptable and what isn't. I hear stories. I know how to get good grades, when to say no, and most importantly my limits. I'm coming off as kind of a "know it all" because I know myself better than you do and the people on this anonymous forum.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:26 PM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:

I don't have kids, but I can definitely understand & respect where you're coming from. And you're right, there's nothing new about taking uppers to study.. I guess I was referring to how overly prescribed people are, especially today's youth.. So when I say it's 'normal', I'm not necessarily say it's 'cool' ; just much more common than one might think...

Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post
No I appreciate the logical advice given to me. Yes I'm young, but I'm also in my last year of undergrad at my University. I know a lot of the people, professors, the general scene, what goes on, what is acceptable and what isn't. I hear stories. I know how to get good grades, when to say no, and most importantly my limits. I'm coming off as kind of a "know it all" because I know myself better than you do and the people on this anonymous forum.
Okey dokey, K'marie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships