Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 07:08 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Fair or not, sexist or not, as a man you are expected to take care of the expenses. You'll have to think of creative ways to entertain her and stay within your budget and hope she sticks around for a while like that or maybe you'll get lucky enough to date a girl who will be totally fine contributing to dating expenses since the very first date and continue to show interest to see you. Rare but not impossible.
Well I'm not a man but apparently it doesn't matter what sex you are on CD, if you broke, don't date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 08:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I love how physical violence is encouraged against guys the second we do something that a woman doesn't like.

This is 2015. Some people go Dutch, especially when they know damn well there ain't gonna be a date #2. Deal with it.
If a woman put her hands on me ever, I'll have her arrested. That is not cool.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
WTF?? You deserve to stay single until you change your way of thinking. I hope the rest of your life is less complicated.

Poor guys .. can't do it right no matter how they ask.
That's why I stay single and spend my money on myself. Women are never pleased with anything.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Well I'm not a man but apparently it doesn't matter what sex you are on CD, if you broke, don't date.
Make sure your dates are in your budget.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 PM

273 posts, read 240,916 times
I am a woman and I prefer to pay for my own dinner and drinks. That way money is removed out of the equation and you can focus on a connection or not.

I think it's downright creepy to expect something of a woman because you buy her dinner. So I don't have that issue.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:02 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Not really. As a woman you are not really expected to take care of expenses. Maybe after the relationship has been formalized you might consider trying to offer to split the tip or something but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindlessness View Post
I think it's downright creepy to expect something of a woman because you buy her dinner. So I don't have that issue.
As creepy as expecting a man to take care of all expenses simply because he is a guy, right? But yeah, I am with you. I don't see why there are all these gender expectations when it comes to dating.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Not really. As a woman you are not really expected to take care of expenses. Maybe after the relationship has been formalized you might consider trying to offer to split the tip or something but that's about it.

As creepy as expecting a man to take care of all expenses simply because he is a guy, right? But yeah, I am with you. I don't see why there are all these gender expectations when it comes to dating.
The person who does the asking covers the expenses.

For those who are doing the whole dinner / drinks thing, no wonder you are disappointed with dating.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Make sure your dates are in your budget.
Yes. Men have to make sure about that and hopefully his date is fine about it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
The person who does the asking covers the expenses.
And we all know how does the asking most, if not all, of the time: men. In other words, men pay. It may depend on the culture too. I've gone on first dates where the girl happily takes the initiative to participate with dating expenses regardless of who asked who. It's a matter of preference. Finding a woman like that may be rare but hey that's what I like .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships