Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 05:18 PM

35 posts, read 71,022 times

Advertisements

It's obvious most people have a negative opinion on women interested in a man solely because of money. On the other hand if a woman is attracted to a man because he is in great physical shape (muscular, fit) that is perceived as being completely normal. Here is why this is completely wrong:

In ancient times the only way to survive was to hunt animals and perform a ton of physical activities. Because of that a man with a muscular body that is in great shape is much more able to provide that thus increasing the chances of the woman he has chosen to survive/have children/have a good life in general. That's just instincts/biology.

Today being in a great physical shape is certainly usefull but hard to make a living off. The majority of well paid jobs require little or no physical activity so the survival argument is no longer valid.

Money on the other hand are exactly that - having them can provide one and his partner and children with a good safe life.

Basically money have largely replaced being fit/muscular as the best way to survive life. Considering that, the fact that women are attracted to it is completely normal - it's instinctive and logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 05:20 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Sounds good!

Your gf is using you for money in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post41516346
so I'm glad you're able to see it from her POV.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
It's not for me, but if your sugar daddy is into it, have fun.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
I think if everyone involved knows the score, have at it. I just think it's wrong to deceive and make the other party think they want more / stringing along just so they can get stuff, then drop them if they get bored.

But in any case, that's just my opinion. But what goes on in others' affairs isn't my business. So I don't dwell on it. But that is my passing thought on it.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Sounds good!

Your gf is using you for money in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post41516346
so I'm glad you're able to see it from her POV.

Left her actually. Also I'm far from being a rich guy or something - that girl was draining what little I had. That thread is exactly what it is - another thread. If you would like to discuss it further I have no problem with going back to it and having a conversation with you about it.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I think if everyone involved knows the score, have at it. I just think it's wrong to deceive and make the other party think they want more / stringing along just so they can get stuff, then drop them if they get bored.

But in any case, that's just my opinion. But what goes on in others' affairs isn't my business. So I don't dwell on it. But that is my passing thought on it.
I get what you mean. My point was that being attracted to sexually attractive people is kind of the same thing. What I don't get is why people think looking for money is bad but looking for physical prowess is not.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:47 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant View Post
I get what you mean. My point was that being attracted to sexually attractive people is kind of the same thing. What I don't get is why people think looking for money is bad but looking for physical prowess is not.
If they're not the only qualities you;re looking for then it's not bad.
You should know that based on your gold-digging ex-gf experience.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:54 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Some men are attracted to women who drain them financially. It's a fetish called financial domination.

Really weird, but if that's your game and it's not hurting any dependent a then oh well.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:57 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I don't mind golddiggers; I'm well aware what they're after, they're well aware what I want and expect. I have just enough gold, so let's have fun!

Old 10-22-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Some men are attracted to women who drain them financially. It's a fetish called financial domination.

Really weird, but if that's your game and it's not hurting any dependent a then oh well.
You would rather believe in a weird rare fetish than a logical explination backed up by biology and basic instincts? Why? Why is it so hard for society to believe that wanting someone for money is not shallow - it's just as normal as wanting someone for their looks.

If you'r spending hours every day to look your absolute best that is just as normal to attract a girl as spending hours every day to get more professional development and money. Nothing wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships