Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 04:08 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuecon99 View Post
I never got this before. There's nothing better in the world than women, or being in a relationship with one. Then you're in a relationship that you think is going better and better every day, and it ends incredibly suddenly because "it's been incredible but it just doesn't feel like forever." No fight, nothing really. Just like that.

1) How could I have been so completely wrong? It really shakes your faith in your judgment.
2) Is anything worth that amount of pain?

I'm getting a dog.
How long were you together with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 04:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Firstly being considerate and devoted to your partner is not " pathetic " it's the complete opposite infact, a lot of men could learn from you mate .

And for what it's worth ( from the outside looking in of course ) I think she was taking you for granted because of your deep love for her basically taking your kindness for your weakness, I'm truly sorry that this has happened to you mate I really am you seem such a lovely bloke and I'm absolutely certain that A LOT of women would give their right arm for someone that is as caring, kind and loving as you clearly are

Me myself I'm actually quite similar to your friend ( not so sure about the very good looking part though ) I can quite easily " hook up " with a lady I meet on a night out and feel nothing, however I'm quite outgoing so I do have many chances to meet people and I'd say there is usually one every so often than I may develop feelings for. I am though a very considerate and caring person and my good nature/sense of humour is what attracts .

I do at times feel empty at times but not enough to warrant an exclusive relationship ( just yet ).

All that said I honestly feel you are in a much better place than your friend ( and me LOL ) simply because you have the most important things that women want in a GOOD man and I'm certain you will move on very soon mate.
What a nice post! You're a good guy, LC.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What a nice post! You're a good guy, LC.
Ssshhh ........ Don't tell everyone......... LOL

No he's a real nice fella he deserves better and I really hope he does find someone that appreciates him

Thank you Dixie

Old 11-09-2015, 05:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Thanks very much for the kind words! My friend said the same thing several times actually while I was seeing this girl- something to the effect of if you're too nice, she's not going to take you seriously. Doesn't matter, I wouldn't change a thing, even if that contributed to the end in some way. And it's not as slavishly mushy as I may have made it sound- not in the vein of worship, just things like bringing a drink she likes with me to her place, ordering something gluten-free so she can try it when we go out to dinner. Anyhoo. Maybe I'll go with my buddy as his wingman for a bit.

Don't beat yourself up about it, OP. I'm guessing most of us experience this kind of thing at some point in our lives.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Don't beat yourself up about it, OP. I'm guessing most of us experience this kind of thing at some point in our lives.
Absolutely

Old 11-09-2015, 08:05 PM

379 posts, read 339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
How long were you together with her?
Not very- about 5 months. Seemed like a very deep connection for that short a time (apparently it wasn't).

Old 11-09-2015, 08:06 PM

379 posts, read 339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Absolutely
Aaron Neville- Everybody Plays the Fool Sometime!

Going to try to make myself go out with my buddy this weekend. Hope some of his magic rubs off on me!

Old 11-09-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Aaron Neville- Everybody Plays the Fool Sometime!

Going to try to make myself go out with my buddy this weekend. Hope some of his magic rubs off on me!
I'm sure it will mate!.

MAKE SURE you update us on how it goes fella

Old 11-10-2015, 11:40 AM

328 posts, read 573,415 times
I feel for you. Sometimes there are unspoken wants and expectations that make one feel as though the relationship isn't "forever." The hardest part of relationships is working on communication. Somebody has to be the adult and start the difficult conversations. If you are both invested it will be productive. If not, it wasn't meant to be.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But then when you get a dog after about 10 years the dog starts to decline and will die, so it's not like that's an easy, pain-free option, either.
Oh darn it!!! You can't win I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships