Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 02:53 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Why do you say that? What do you mean?
Guys who think they have to be stoic, non-communicative, non-emotional, and solve all their problems themselves become very unaware of the emotional state of their marriages. Then they are surprised down the line when they find out they have lost touch with their unhappy wives who have decided to divorce them.

Being stoic, and unemotional is not the sign of a strong man. It is the sign of a weak man who is afraid of a women "losing respect" if she finds out the real man inside is not the same as the mask he is presenting to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
Quote:
That's what I think as well. Women don't want sensitive men, that's a sham.
Nonsense. My husband is a big manly-man who also enjoys a good cry now and then. Emotionally secure people have no issue with normal displays of human emotion.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
Usually it's only OK for men to cry at their daughter's wedding and when their team loses the Superbowl. But I think this situation qualifies for an exception.

"Crying: acceptable only at funerals and the Grand Canyon" - Ron Swanson.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Really?! I truly thought women lost respect for men who cried...I didn't talk about this with my girlfriend afterwards, I tried to ignore the fact that I cried.
absolutely not.

Your son sounds adorable.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:03 PM

906 posts, read 712,170 times
You're dumb op, the girl loves you more now. Women eat that up like a fat kid and cake. She probably called her friends and was gushing about it to them.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:09 PM

906 posts, read 712,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
If you're crying because you haven't seen your son in a long time, love him very much, and are happy to see him, then no.... a good woman would not lose respect for you.

If you're crying during a Hallmark Channel movie... we may need to have a talk
I cried during patch Addams, the rugrats movie when tommy left chucky (because friends arent supposed to abandon friends), and the titanic. I have no shame.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its quite alright to cry, Guy! I believe, women have more respect for men who show their emotions then men who do not.
Totally! You cried because you haven't seen your kid in 5 months. This means you are an awesome dad and have emotions. I am sure she melted inside.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:03 PM

8 posts, read 17,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
You're dumb op, the girl loves you more now. Women eat that up like a fat kid and cake. She probably called her friends and was gushing about it to them.
I hope not, I like to be discreet about my private life. It doesn't sound like something she would do.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:07 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship.

I'm usually a very pratical, no BS kind of guy who sees no point in crying. I'm also not into the super modern trend of sharing your feelings...I handle my own in private thank you very much. It should not be a public spectacle.

I travel often on business trips but this last time I was away for 5 months. I hadn't been away from my son for so long.

I arrived at the airport in the early hours so I was only able to meet him the next day. I went with my girlfriend to pick him up from his mother's house.

When he saw me, he started running towards me as fast as bullet. He jumped to my chest and wouldn't let go. He said he had thought about me every night before he fell asleep and I couldn't hold back a few tears. I'm not the best or the most present father, but I love that little guy like I've never loved anyone.

When he saw me crying he said "Don't be sad, I'll take care of you now."

I noticed my girlfriend was also crying at this time but I worry how she'll feel about me now that she has seen me crying. Will she be able to respect me the same away after this?

I've never ever lost my composure in front of her.
Welcome to being human. You don't need to shout out your feelings to everyone around you but showing them doesn't make you less of a man.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:12 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years and I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship.

I'm usually a very pratical, no BS kind of guy who sees no point in crying. I'm also not into the super modern trend of sharing your feelings...I handle my own in private thank you very much. It should not be a public spectacle.

I travel often on business trips but this last time I was away for 5 months. I hadn't been away from my son for so long.

I arrived at the airport in the early hours so I was only able to meet him the next day. I went with my girlfriend to pick him up from his mother's house.

When he saw me, he started running towards me as fast as bullet. He jumped to my chest and wouldn't let go. He said he had thought about me every night before he fell asleep and I couldn't hold back a few tears. I'm not the best or the most present father, but I love that little guy like I've never loved anyone.

When he saw me crying he said "Don't be sad, I'll take care of you now."

I noticed my girlfriend was also crying at this time but I worry how she'll feel about me now that she has seen me crying. Will she be able to respect me the same away after this?

I've never ever lost my composure in front of her.
Apparently not.

You cried tears of joy when you saw your child, it happens, be grateful your son loves you so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships