Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

No way Jose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 08:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Not only is he close minded, hes also a dick.
I agree, it's not so much the close mindedness as it is dickiness.

I don't mind some close mindedness. But zero dickiness, please.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Everybody's "close minded" about something.

The important thing is finding somebody whose values and views aren't incompatible with yours and vice versa.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:27 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Depends on what they are closed off too and how important I value whatever "it" is.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:49 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
I like people who are faithful to their feelings so yes I would.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:32 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
And by "other qualities" you mean someone who seems to be "well-rounded, successful, wealthy, philanthropist, good-looking..." etc?

Dont they have a rather negative and unflattering word for women who date men solely based on the man's bank account? You know, women who overlook everything else about the man and focus just on his material wealth/belongings. Kinda like the stupid women who date athletes who beat them up, knock them out in elevators, slam them on beds full of semi-auto guns, etc. Its not just the male who is the closed minded one in these relationships.
Hum, no. I didn't refer to those qualities, I was talking about inner qualities. What makes you think I was talking about those? Those aren't qualities, they're simply on-paper facts. They don't impact my choice as I'm not interested, period and I started it in my OP. The question was addressed to everyone on here and didn't specifically relate to my situation.
If I was a gold-digger, I wouldn't have posted this thread and I would have agreed on going on a date with him which isn't the case.

The only reason why I'm talking to him is because it helps me forget about someone else temporarily (who by the way was broke, unemployed and a drop-out when we dated, so I'm clearly not a gold-digger) and I don't mind meeting new people with different opinions. We don't have to date but we can be acquaintances.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:33 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
Literally none of this happened

Also, you sound close minded. Just because someone has different views than yourself, doesn't make them close minded. Live your own life lady lol
Were you there with me? As soon as someone expresses a different view on religious matters, we're fried.

Yes, it did happen. Do you want screenshots of the conversation?

I can blur his name and post the whole convo on here. I've got no problem with that.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:02 AM

269 posts, read 178,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Were you there with me? As soon as someone expresses a different view on religious matters, we're fried.

Yes, it did happen. Do you want screenshots of the conversation?

I can blur his name and post the whole convo on here. I've got no problem with that.
OK fine let's see it

Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'd date him if I agreed with his views. In this case, I don't.
I have a close relative who is so entrenched in his worldviews that any conversation with him about world events, politics, religion or the like inevitably ends with him saying, "but I don't understand how you could think this way".

Over this past weekend, I saw some of the things that his wife and her friends posted on Facebook, and I thought of this post.

As far as I'm concerned, he's as closed minded as they come, but it doesn't seem to matter to the person who agrees with his views and married him.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:34 AM

277 posts, read 271,627 times
I don't think so. I don't expect to be with someone who changes their opinion as the wind blows, but neither I could be with someone who is so stubborn that they refuse to see other people's perspective, and who is so arrogant that they think their current beliefs are the only truth in the world and nobody knows anything better.

To me the opposite of closed-mind-edness is curiosity and respect for difference. You don't have to necessarily change your opinion, but at least listen to a different version and understand where that person is coming from. I couldn't be with someone who doesn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships