Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 12:40 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times

Advertisements

I can't imagine why the OP has had any trouble - it really MUST be the lack of quality women these days.

I think the Craigslist ad will definitely go well. Good call OP!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 12:45 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,898,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree. I thought a dating profile was to showcase yourself, what you have to offer and to attract others, not repel them with your long list of conditions they must meet in order for you to want them.

This!
It seemed like it was written by a narcissist who can't dress. Just my take on it.

Too long.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:09 PM

307 posts, read 631,382 times
You have a whole long list of demands and not much to show what you have to offer.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:31 PM

69 posts, read 51,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
Ok, part of my formatting was due in part to my frustration and lack of patience, with a history of dealing with what I categorize as low-quality, inconsistent women. I've honestly not known many impressive or great women in my lifetime, got it?
Also, CONTEXT CLUES and reading between the lines people! So many of you honed in and got stuck on my formatting and my repetition of "I want and I need" that it seems you didn't think for one second that just about EVERYTHING I WAS ASKING FOR, was meant as inference that I ALSO PROVIDE AND OFFER WHAT I AM ASKING FOR!
Imagine that? I am not the type to ask for this and that when I myself don't offer that. I am too fair, smart, and logical to be such a person. So that counters anyone who came at me with such illogical and presumptive criticism.
Being specific is good, see nothing wrong with it. I think in a lot of people's search for love, they don't even know what they're after, or what they need, and being out of touch like that can get them into bad unhealthy relationships with built in failure rates.
Ok, I see what you are saying. How about add this to your list, it might help,

I WANT a girl who can understand my formatting to prove you are impressive and not a Low-quality or inconsistent woman.

I NEED a girl who can read between the lines and understand inference so I know she won't get stuck.

I WANT a girl with a good imagination who can read my mind.

I NEED a girl to be petite, small in stature as my ego takes up so much space there won't be much extra room.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,510,787 times
I definitely would not be interested in that ad, for several reasons. First, you do a lot of talking about very specific criteria, and it makes you sound like a very controlling and arrogant person (you might not be, but you asked how women felt about your ad and I'm responding). Secondly, although you are probably not really looking for someone with a good grasp of grammar (at least it's not listed in your criteria ), I would be turned off by your written presentation. I'm not opposed to colloquial speech and prepositions at the end of the sentence (although I know it's incorrect), but your overall writing presentation would make me pass on by. Finally, with such specificity in your criteria, you come off as very rigid and not accepting of individual differences. Let's say I did meet all your criteria. What would you think/do if I gained a few pounds or didn't surprise you with sexy lingerie as much as you expected? You may not be as rigid in real life as you come off here, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

Quote:
Also, CONTEXT CLUES and reading between the lines people! So many of you honed in and got stuck on my formatting and my repetition of "I want and I need" that it seems you didn't think for one second that just about EVERYTHING I WAS ASKING FOR, was meant as inference that I ALSO PROVIDE AND OFFER WHAT I AM ASKING FOR!
Imagine that?
Nope. I have great comprehension skills, and I would not assume you were "inferring" that you provide the same. Too many people out in the real world demanding things from others that they are unable to provide themselves. Many, in fact, specifically seek out traits they don't possess themselves. Why would someone assume you are giving what you are desiring? When you "advertise" yourself, which is what a personal ad should do, at least in part, you need to talk about what you can offer someone else along with what you're looking for. I definitely understood want you wanted from a woman, but I didn't get what you could provide.

Good luck- hope you find what you're looking for

Old 12-07-2015, 11:10 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,454,461 times
I originally stopped reading after the second paragraph. My reason for this is because it sounds like every other OLD profile I've read in the last three months and there was nothing in it that grabbed my attention enough to inspire me to keep reading.

Then I read this thread and went back and read all of it. Those who mention he should leave out all the sexual requests clearly have not read CL ads lately! That's pretty much a significant portion of those here consist of.

It's not an ad I would respond to. For one thing, I'm over 36 and I don't plan to have kids. For another thing, I am thankfully not a high maintenance "10."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
"I want a woman who wears black lipstick."

They still sell that???
They do at Halloween.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:22 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,564,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Better off just hiring someone.
Haha! Agreed!

Old 12-07-2015, 11:34 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,995,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Want advice? Stay off of Craigslist! So full of sex-related crap!!!
Craigslist. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

We must be cautious.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:37 AM

565 posts, read 433,406 times
OP, shorten it up. Nobody cares to read a bible long profile and nobody likely does. Make it a short paragraph or two, and ease up on the details of your needs.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:37 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,401,038 times
CraigsList seems like the perfect place for the OP to find his dream woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships