Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 02:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryadams View Post
your right guys. if she wanst interested why say yes and shes excited?
Because she was being polite? Maybe she WAS excited then changed her mind?

Some people don't like confrontation, so they will use any excuse to avoid saying, "I don't think this is going to work."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 2,817 times
Hmmm idk she texted ne drunk one night.
Next day she apologized

We went friday but she also didnt have to be up early Saturday

Old 12-01-2015, 02:11 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Did she literally say she had an "all day school thing?" Or did she give you more detail than that. I'm curious, because I could see, "Sorry, Professor So-and-So is making us come in to work on this group lab blahblahblah (whatever)" in other words an explanation with details...that could be legit.

But if she was like, "Yeah, I've got a thing. Sorry. Gonna be busy like all day."

That sounds more like a made up excuse to me. Especially when she was out with you on a Friday night before without a problem.

If you really want to try, then maybe give her one more chance. Make plans for her one more time. If she flakes for any reason, drop her.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Since she just said "I'm sorry but we'll see," I would let her text me if she were interested. I don't know that I'd text her first...because with that sort of "meh" wishy-washy answer, I think I might almost feel like I was dragging her into it and I wouldn't want her to just say "yes" because she couldn't think quickly how to say "no." I might be reading that TOTALLY wrong, BTW. Maybe she really does just anticipate being tired. Maybe after last Friday's date she WAS tired. But...this would just be my general feeling on it: Okay, I've clearly shown her I'd like to go out again, she can let me know if she'd like to.

If she does wind up texting or calling and says she wants to go out, and at that time you also want to go out, then I'd say why not, have a second date and see how it goes.

You already invited her, you don't need to do it again, IMO...she knows you're interested...so now see what happens. But in the meantime, if you want to ask someone else out...I'd do it...again JMO. What I'm saying is I wouldn't hang my star on this, personally, but I also wouldn't be worried/sad over it. You'll know how she feels about it soon enough but in the meantime you have your own life to live and you want to have fun rather than waiting on someone.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
If you have to ask, she isn't.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:40 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
She sounds a bit disinterested.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,821 times
Maybe she's out there testing the waters and going on different dates?

Old 12-01-2015, 03:51 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
how did the first date end?

Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 PM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
This sounds like a colossal waste of time but I have a feeling you will discover this fact very soon.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:57 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,366 times
I was that girl, with the Friday and Saturday detail the same.

When I said what she said, I was being truthful. I did leave the door open a bit in case on Friday I really did feel good and wanted to go out, even if I had to pay for it the next day at school.

I don't know if I was suave enough to suggest another time.

OP I would specifically ask for another day/time/plan. Is she goes wishy washy I would say, "I'll wait to hear from you for a day/time that is good for you and we'll see if I'm free."

I hate to say it, but I would respond well to that if I like him. As in, "Oh no, I better get in gear or he will move on and I actually do like him!" Iwould also know then he doesn't put up with bull****, which is manly and hot and stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships