Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:38 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,159,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Disney replaced their tech workers with H1b imports. Massive layoff, and to rub salt into the wound, they had the departing experts train the new hires. Disney has also moved their financial base to Europe, to avoid US taxes.

Disney is unpatriotic and doesn't give a d@mn about US workers and the US economy.
Boycott Disney! Write your representatives in Congress to strictly regulate the H1b visa business, to prevent the mass unemployment brewing in the tech sector, and the further deterioration of the US economy that mass unemployment brings.
WOW. If true, it does get under my skin. But you do realize Facebook, Google, MS all hire dreaded H1bs, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 06:46 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,786,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespykidinseattle View Post
Hey everyone,

It'll be my girlfriend and I's first Christmas together, and I planned on giving her an all-paid Disney vacation. We went there when we first made things "official" (May 15th)

I already booked a really nice room, with a spa and dinner at Belle's castle at the same time the firework show is going on in Magic Kingdom for the weekend of May 15th.

But how do I go about "giving" her this gift? I don't wanna give her a Disney plush cause she's got about fifty of them.

I wanna be creative. HELP!
IMO Disney is an extremely ridiculous and over a top gift for a couple that has been dating less than a year. Typically, I'd institute a hard cap of under $100 for gifts for less than two years of dating.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times
Quote:
Oh, thanks! (:

There's great ideas on here! you guys are awesome!

I love her so much, so I wanna make this super special. we've talked about going to disney for our anniversary every year, so I want every year to be special.

I really like the photo album idea. I was thinking about doing that with pictures of ourselves and on the last page our reservations...?
Yup! Sounds good!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:25 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,022,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
IMO Disney is an extremely ridiculous and over a top gift for a couple that has been dating less than a year. Typically, I'd institute a hard cap of under $100 for gifts for less than two years of dating.
You'd "institute a hard cap of under $100"? LOL

OP, good for you for doing this great thing for her. I also agree with the photo album idea.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
You'd "institute a hard cap of under $100"? LOL

OP, good for you for doing this great thing for her. I also agree with the photo album idea.
Laugh if you want to, but I'd never feel comfortable accepting or giving a gift that was over that amount from someone I'd hadn't been dating all that long.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,493,769 times
Quote:

But how do I go about "giving" her this gift? I don't wanna give her a Disney plush cause she's got about fifty of them.

I wanna be creative. HELP!
Give her a Disney Dollar. When she asks what she's supposed to do with just one DD, tell her it's a down payment.

[]

Old 12-06-2015, 12:04 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,493,769 times
Quote:
Laugh if you want to, but I'd never feel comfortable accepting or giving a gift that was over that amount from someone I'd hadn't been dating all that long.
But if he can afford it, why not?

[]

Old 12-06-2015, 12:26 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,607,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I go somewhat often. I just found out about a new dating site for Disney lovers called MouseMingle. Maybe I should try it!
I thought the farmer OLD site was over the top. I was wrong.

OP, you MUST report back to us what you wound up doing, AND her reaction!

Old 12-06-2015, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
But if he can afford it, why not?

[]
Because if you spoil someone too soon, they may get p$&@ed if your financial situation changes and you cannot provide that level of gift in the future. This kind of all out gift may set unrealistic expectations.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:35 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,610,408 times
Quote:
Because if you spoil someone too soon, they may get p$&@ed if your financial situation changes and you cannot provide that level of gift in the future. This kind of all out gift may set unrealistic expectations.
"Spoil" someone?

Good grief.

The easy solution is to not date someone that materialistic. Come on, Diss. You know better than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships